• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    No problem putting it this way.. I’ve seen steel fail on guns... most recently with Sigs.... however I am not a metallurgist and can’t tell you the quality of said steel used by some of these manufacturers.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm a welder, so I know nothing about all this....I have polymer guns, and I have steel guns, and they all shoot, and work....as a kid (60's) I heard that stainless guns would gall, and bind up, so they were no good, and of course when glocks came out...."Oh! they're plastic, they'll melt!" To each his own, Odds are I'll never have enough ammo to shoot a gun til it melts, or fails. All my guns get shot, and cleaned, and they work....I guess til they don't...

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I'm a welder, so I know nothing about all this....I have polymer guns, and I have steel guns, and they all shoot, and work....as a kid (60's) I heard that stainless guns would gall, and bind up, so they were no good, and of course when glocks came out...."Oh! they're plastic, they'll melt!" To each his own, Odds are I'll never have enough ammo to shoot a gun til it melts, or fails. All my guns get shot, and cleaned, and they work....I guess til they don't...

Well said but....Failing is inevitable...but the timing of the failing could be fatal. Better Oats...Better horses.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Maybe not melt or fail, but... ;)

[video=youtube;Hmrq4ZoakMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmrq4ZoakMo[/video]

Top Bottom