• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think people have lost faith in bottom up. 'We' slowly made - what, 26 states into red states with complete or near complete control of the levers at the state level and still were unable to change the direction of the overall country much, it was hard just to hold the line with the kind of federal candidates we have often had

Having seen what could be done by one man at the top, even without much backing from the apparatus could do (Trump), as well as having seen what one man could accomplish if he can get the apparatus behind him (Reagan), personally I have to think top down change is the only viable option - otherwise the coercive power of the federal government is just too great

I would like to see that coercive power greatly reined in, but first it needs to be used to stop the slide into communism. You don't beat your swords into plowshares until you're pretty sure the fighting is all over

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think people have lost faith in bottom up.

I wonder who has more impact on more people's lives with $40 million or so, someone who funded a bunch of local prosecutors or someone who pissed it away on a pipe dream 3rd party POTUS run?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A valid point, but the situation isn't symmetrical

Do you think someone conservative could have gotten a bunch of law and order/lock them up prosecutors elected in the same places for the same $40 million?

When the voters themselves are the problem, one side has an advantage electing agents provocateur. Soros wasn't trying to accomplish anything positive, only create chaos, and it is always easier to tear things down than to build or rebuild

Did the voters replace Chesa Boudin with Isaac Parker? Has the idea that criminals just need to be better understood and have more midnight basketball opportunities while the prison pipeline needs to be disrupted died out in that district? Or has London Breed just put a band-aid over the wound

If you can't change the people, you can't change the results. It takes a leader to change the people, and it is easier to find one real leader to head the state or country than to find a hundred or a thousand at the local level

Even if Willis is proven to be corrupt in court, do you think her replacement will be indicative of any lessons learned?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A valid point, but the situation isn't symmetrical

Do you think someone conservative could have gotten a bunch of law and order/lock them up prosecutors elected in the same places for the same $40 million?

No. But does it have to be the same places? Is there not *somewhere* a 3rd party would have a valid chance to start in? We're ranging far from my point. There is no viable 3rd party. RFK's POTUS bid won't change that. Starting local and building up is more viable than trying to force a POTUS success and working downward.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

While I agree, I'm not sure what weight POTUS holds to rectify it.

I note he mentions his niece works for his campaign. That got me curious so I looked at his election filings. His daughter in law does as well. Looks like she's drawing a $8.6k a month salary. I'm starting to understand the why behind a seemingly Quixotic run for POTUS. $720k in salaries per quarter for friends and family.

You can click on the total spent and it'll go to an itemized list where you can see salaries (and hotel receipts, gas, etc, literally anything they spent campaign funds on).

Top Bottom