• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    So approximately 988 times a day I get a text from Rhino, pimping various knives and knife makers. Since he reduced his daily EDC knife-count to 124, and checked in to rehab for his knife-buying addiction, he seems to take great joy in making sure the rest of us spend our kids college funds on steel. Not a day goes by that I stop by his oddly disturbing lair at work only to find him fondling a folder, moaning softly before breaking in to somewhat shameful giggles. As a good little church-worker, and as his "friend", I've offered to buy several of his EDC blades if only to help lessen his manic addiction. He usually snaps and snarls, sending me cowering in fear.

So I wonder; has the devil taken hold of him or, as I strongly suspect, is he really a rogue sales-agent for an evil, world-wide knife-sales consortium? It may be time for some sort of weird INGO Intervention, with Brad and Sheila casting out the evil*

*unless of course he's secretly working for them since he always brags about them and constantly begs me to make a Saturday trip to Brads store.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, what's your point? I'm not quite getting your meaning.

By the way, Sheila the Knife lady can fix you right up with that TOPS MSK 2.5 you've been wanting. I'll even sharpen it for you.

Does anyone else know what he's talking about?

Oh, MadBomber . . . did you know those Condor knives have the spines uncoated and sharp on the edges so you can throw good sparks with a ferrocerium rod? Just thought you should know that. That Scandivex edge is pretty good for cutting too.

Seriously, what is he trying to say in the original message?

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    So, what's your point? I'm not quite getting your meaning.

By the way, Sheila the Knife lady can fix you right up with that TOPS MSK 2.5 you've been wanting. I'll even sharpen it for you.

Does anyone else know what he's talking about?

Oh, MadBomber . . . did you know those Condor knives have the spines uncoated and sharp on the edges so you can throw good sparks with a ferrocerium rod? Just thought you should know that. That Scandivex edge is pretty good for cutting too.

Seriously, what is he trying to say in the original message?

See gang??? He's relentless! He's like the Terminator for Knife-Pimpin'. I may actually have to start carrying the tranq rifle to work. It's scary as hell the way he jumps out of the shadows, wildly waving knife spec-sheets.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I've thought about that but I'm wondering if investing in the Sutures market in Montgomery Co. might be wiser. It seems to be a booming market lately.

Rhino of the 9 fingers and the knife of doom?

[video=youtube;yW_ocZLaRdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW_ocZLaRdI[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    See gang??? He's relentless! He's like the Terminator for Knife-Pimpin'. I may actually have to start carrying the tranq rifle to work. It's scary as hell the way he jumps out of the shadows, wildly waving knife spec-sheets.

I'm still not quite sure what you're talking about, sir.

Hey, did you know Brad had some of the Kershaw Launch #1 at the show in Lafayette? I think he's at the 1500 this weekend. I wonder if he still has one or two. Did you know that the blade steel is CPM 154, not standard 154CM? Takes a nice edge at a good price point. That thin, big bellied blade sure is a good slicer with that steel. It feels good in the hand, too. Excellent ergonomics.

I've thought about that but I'm wondering if investing in the Sutures market in Montgomery Co. might be wiser. It seems to be a booming market lately.

That's only funny because it's true.

Rhino of the 9 fingers and the knife of doom?

At least Frodo lost his finger to a Gollum bite and he didn't self-amputate with that little sword of his.

I have been fondling my TOPS MSK 2.5 and saying, "My preciousssssss," quite a bit lately, though.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am so glad I don't understand knife culture. All those numbers and names have no affect on me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got the "in league with Satan" thing. I think everyone has always taken that as a given. But the knife thing? That is really confusing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ah, I see that iChokePeople has discovered this threat and will be able to compare notes with MadBomber.

I am . . .

Busted.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It is possible that I have evidence to support the claim, yes.

Your discretion and forbearance are impressive and appreciated, sir.

So much so that I it could lead me to cease and desist. That is, if you guys really wanted me to stop . . .

I'll bet Brad has one of those ESEE 3 MIL with the G10 scales at the 1500. Crowds will probably be lessened by tomorrow if something like that matters.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Three weeks and two days, knife buying clean and sober.

I suspect my resolve will be tested mightily by the arch-fiend known as MadBomber in the next few days. Pray for me!

Top Bottom