• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I received my RIA 9mm tactical last week. I've only been able to put 50 rounds through it so far, but here are my thought on it so far.
    The pistol comes with some thick packing grease on it, not quite cosmoline, but close. You will want to at least field strip it and do a clean up and re lube it before heading to the range.

The sights are all black, although they have 2 small round cut outs in the rear sight where white dots would be located. Being all black, getting a good sight picture is hard on a dark target. I fixed this issue when I got home by using white model paint in the 2 cutouts and on the front sight blade.

The pistol was extremely tight. No play in the slide to frame fit. The slide safety has a nice positive "set" in the detent, it moves easy with the thumb but definitely has a positive stop. It is a ambi safety,and the corners are sharp,which I plan to round off. The barrel bushing has a nice tight fit to the slide and barrel. It uses a full length guide rod. The magazine seems to insert hard, like the magazine is dragging on the mag catch, but a empty mag will drop free.

The finish is a black parkerizing. It is uniform and the color matches between the slide and frame, but seems thin.
    In the 50 rounds I fired I had zero malfunctions. The only issue I notice,which didn't affect function was while loading the magazine, the second round from the top always looked like it was nosing down.

I would diffidently recommend this pistol to anyone. In a few weeks I hope to pick up another one this time in .45

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've been interested in one of these for some time, just haven't jumped the shark yet. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I watched an interesting segment today on the outdoor Chanel about the RIA company. I've been on fence about trying one but hearing good things about them and the program today have swayed me towards making a purchase. I may have to make a trip to the LGS tomorrow.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I saw the same show, Shooting Gallery, and was actually a little more than slightly impressed by the company.

I am REALLY interested in that .22TCM cartridge and the guns they've designed around it, particularly the double stack 1911 that holds 17 rounds of the .22TCM centerfire and ship the gun with a 9mm barrel...same magazine. Unbelievably cool.:rockwoot:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My brother owns a colt, he said I should buy something with the pony on it,but after shooting it he was impressed. The lgs owner has one of the 22tcm's he said its a blast. I heard they are coming out with a bolt action in it also

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I saw the same show, Shooting Gallery, and was actually a little more than slightly impressed by the company.

I am REALLY interested in that .22TCM cartridge and the guns they've designed around it, particularly the double stack 1911 that holds 17 rounds of the .22TCM centerfire and ship the gun with a 9mm barrel...same magazine. Unbelievably cool.:rockwoot:
    I have to admit that the .22TCM may be in my future once available. I liked the concept.

Top Bottom