• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So what is it that makes every teenager guy with a Honda Civic think he is in fast and the furious? Put a aftermarket rice burner muffler on his car? Lol it sounds like ****, if you want your car to be high performance invest more then a muffler that sounds like a blender. Anyone else have this problem

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can't help it, those obnoxious fart cans make me laugh. That's pretty much how I sound after a night of mexican food and beer. As CM has said some of those little imports will haul...mostly because they are so light weight but regardless how fast they can be...they sound ridiculous to me. And I will never be able to get used to seeing them do a burn out with the front tires

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just another evolution of auto enthusiast. Many of the younger generation have only owned these imports and have grown up watching the fast/furious movies. It doesn't help that most can't afford to buy/build American muscle. Old muscle cars cost too much or are too far gone for them. And the newer Mustangs/ Camero/Challengers etc are way out of reach. I can respect the time and effort people put into them though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just another evolution of auto enthusiast. Many of the younger generation have only owned these imports and have grown up watching the fast/furious movies. It doesn't help that most can't afford to buy/build American muscle. Old muscle cars cost too much or are too far gone for them. And the newer Mustangs/ Camero/Challengers etc are way out of reach. I can respect the time and effort people put into them though.

We used to have a 2 day race scheduled with the tuner cars at Raceway park every summer.
    Truck bash on the west side and the bracket guys on the asphalt side.
    Those cats would cruise our side and ask some good questions. I saw some really fast cars when they ran. The sound was a bit hard to take but kudo's to some of those guys.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ask my newish neighbor across the street. And while you are at it, teach him how to drive a stick. He cant pull into his sloped drive without riding the hell out of the clutch and pumping the gas. I know when he comes/goes in the darkness, even if I am asleep. With the windows closed. :xmad:

He had the damned thing idling for nearly an hour tonite. My evening's soundtrack had a constant low drone.

And his FiL stores his 70s Chevelle in the 2nd bay of the garage. And of COURSE he has to warm it up for 20 mins in the drive before he goes out cruising.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Meh. I had a LOT of fun driving my swapped Civic. It was a fun daily driver that handled great and would **** and get when I needed it to.

To each their own.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I love the fast and furious movies, the cars are very cool and I have to say I wouldn't mind owning Some of the them or the 70 gto, I love muscle cars and respect all who can tune a carb lol you ask kids today they say what? Lol, I have a 84 trans am that I love and got it running and particularly fixed up but still needs a lot of work. It has a sb 305 it's not the prettiest thing but it's still got the heart of a muscle car and will go down fighting

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I have respect for anyone who puts work into their car to make it better/faster. Unfortunatly, there isn't much good sound you can get from 4 cylinders.

Now a big block with flow masters on the other hand:drool:

As said upthread, kids will mod whatever they have, and most kids can't afford a V-8 muscle car. That leaves the cheap imports.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    You can tell the fast ones from the fart can and stick on spoiler crowd. Good exaust on one of those vtec engines sounds like a cafe bike not like a handful of beans rattling around in a coffee can.
    The time when you could buy an affordable v8 performance car made in the USA was sadly before most of these kids were born.

Top Bottom