• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Hmm.

Woods, a Michigan native and drifter who had found his way to Dallas, was obsessed with violent movies and bragged to friends about his plan to kill Whitehead, according to trial testimony.

Following the murder, Woods almost immediately began bragging about committing the murder," Moore said. "He was wearing one of Ron's baseball caps as a trophy and started talking to people about trying to get out of town, where he was going, bragging about it all along the way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Wow - Perry should have just looked at that awesome poster! So convincing, it must be true! Why, oh why didn't anyone show it to him?

p6uPq.jpga

I liked the ones that said "Fry Mumia"
    shirtsquare-mumia.jpg

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    On a related, but somewhat separate issue, I was appalled when the audience at the GOP debate cheered at the mention of the number of prisoners Perry executed. Whichever way you look at it, that means we live in such a messed up society that we have to or we choose to kill so many people. Think about the people who suffered from the crimes. Their lives will never be restored. How dire this situation is. At best this is the least of all evils, but it is still an evil. It is absolutely not something we should cheer like we are at some spectator event. Let's all act like civilized men and women, rather than desensitized hooligans at gladiatorial games. Execution statistics should be met with a somber, solemn air. The audience at the debated behaved poorly because they were not very good human beings.

One final point: if the number of people we execute every year is something to be proud of, then we are losing to China, which executed 10,000 people in 2005. Are we planning to "catch up" to China?

Da Bing
    the number of people we execute each year is a direct reflection of how messed up our society has become. I work in indy everyday and deal with people everyday who have no problem taking what you have because they want it. We have taught them they are entitled to what they want. I'm sure a good number of these people would be willing to cause harm to another to get it.But you are correct execution stats should not be cheered.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    bragged to friends about his plan to kill Whitehead, according to trial testimony.

That is nothing more than mere evidence, your honor. Completely immaterial to his intent to kill. Whiteheads, acne, are a plague upon the young people of this nation. We must think of the children.

Following the murder, Woods almost immediately began bragging about committing the murder,"

Again, nothing more than mere evidence.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ram, I would understand if you are upset with the Felony Murder statute of Texas. I would understand if you called for the abolition of the death penalty. I understand some here don't like Perry (not that I am particularly thrilled but it's not like the GOP has a varsity team out there hidden away).

But Woods is the wrong hill to die on. No points will be awarded for holding him up as some innocent lamb. He is not and hurts the cause of the death penalty abolitionists.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm not interested enough to do a ton of research so perhaps you could enlighten me on a single point.

Woods either went along to participate in a crime that got out of hand and ended up in the murder of two people, or he was totally Innocent of any intent to participate in any sort of crime and he was totally innocent of any wrong doing whatsoever. Which is it?

Since it appears I'm not going to get an answer I will simply say this: he was there, he participated in the murder either by his own effort or lack of effort to stop it. End result, woods conviction and death, well then the gene pool just a little bit cleaner.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Since it appears I'm not going to get an answer I will simply say this: he was there, he participated in the murder either by his own effort or lack of effort to stop it. End result, woods conviction and death, well then the gene pool just a little bit cleaner.
    I agree with the part if he was there he was complicit.
    But no one should be held accountable for not stopping someone from doing something.

Didn't the courts say that LEO has no duty to protect, should we have a duty to protect or be held accountable if we do not?
    I know most of us here would try to help anyone in need but is there a duty to do such.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get a automatic appeal when you're convicted of a capital crime? so not only was this guy found guilty by a jury of his peers, the case was reviewed and they found beyond the shadow of a doubt that he was guilty. sounds fair to me.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Don't kill people in Texas, don't be with people killing people in Texas.

This.

He was found guilty...

And last time I checked, Rick Perry wasn't the judge and wasn't on the jury so he really didn't have anything to do with his conviction. He just chose not to grant a pardon...

Hate on Perry and the death penalty all you want. I don't see what the big deal is...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I agree with the part if he was there he was complicit.
    But no one should be held accountable for not stopping someone from doing something.

Didn't the courts say that LEO has no duty to protect, should we have a duty to protect or be held accountable if we do not?
    I know most of us here would try to help anyone in need but is there a duty to do such.

Yes but a cop would be a third party. Woods was aiding even if all he did was had knowledge of the crime and did nothing to stop or report it.

That is the difference as far as I'm concerned.

If I'm walking down the street with my buddy Bob and he all of a sudden without warning pulls a knife and stabs someone that walks by without me having any idea he was going to do it, I should at least report it, keeping me out of aiding in the crime. If I walk down the street with Bob and we intend to rob somebody and Bob kills the person we rob and I then flee without reporting it, then buddy I aided him in the crime and I should be tried as such.

Try looking at it this way, To Take No Action Is An Action

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Innocent people shouldn't have to make deals.

If I came in and witnessed a murder, done by people I was with, darn straight that I would have an attorney with me. I would want every base covered so there would be no question. Wouldn't you. Is there anyone out there who wouldn't?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Why all this worry over a scumbag being put to death. I am for the death penalty. I do also realize that mistakes will be made. Rarely but they will be made. These mistakes are a part of giving a punishment that cannot be taken back.
    I do not care enough to read the article about this person but I know that it happens pretty frequently that if you are with another person and know that a crime is being committed and somebody gets killed you are just as guilty as the person who does the killing. It is the law and has been for a long time.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Amazing Fun Fact Learned on INGO #63:

Everything is a lie, EXCEPT self-serving exculpatory statements from death-row inmates.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This man is NOT innocent.

Maybe he didn't pull the trigger but the law doesn't require that. Under the law he is guilty. He was tried. He got what he deserved. He was part of the murder of two people.

To call this man innocent is the real lie.

I'm actually getting pretty sick and tired of the misleading threads from Rambone.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This man is NOT innocent.

Maybe he didn't pull the trigger but the law doesn't require that. Under the law he is guilty. He was tried. He got what he deserved. He was part of the murder of two people.

To call this man innocent is the real lie.

I'm actually getting pretty sick and tired of the misleading threads from Rambone.

:yesway: :ingo:

Top Bottom