• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Maybe the question should be directed to Perry since he did endorse Newt.

From what I read, the reasoning is to reduce the diluting of support for candidates who are considered more conservative than Romney.

I was interested in jsgolfman's reasoning because he's made some pretty astute predictions about these things so far. There's always new things to learn.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Perry is furious with Romney and it looks like Newt has the best shot against him. Santorum will drop out soon and endorse Newt, too.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Maybe the question should be directed to Perry since he did endorse Newt.

From what I read, the reasoning is to reduce the diluting of support for candidates who are considered more conservative than Romney.
    As of this time, Perry is still in the race and hasn't endorsed anyone. Fox news is just guessing or listening to sources who may or may not know what Perry is doing.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Steve, here is my reasoning:

1. As dross said, Perry doesn't like Romney, so on a personal level that was never going to happen.
    2. None of the candidates likes Paul
    3. Santorum has no organization and will drop soon.
    4. Newt and Perry are somewhat friendly, behind the curtains. He is being positioned as the anti-Romney
    5. Newt needed something to bolster his campaign with his wife's interview coming out today as well.
    6. They are both fans of the MIC and it's biggest supporters. The others are only paying lip service to garner votes, to these two it's a religion.
    7. Honestly, I know people in the Republican party whom pass on decent info from time to time. It helps to be involved for 20+ years.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    He was unelectable.

funny all the major news networks are saying the same about Ron Paul ...... Today CNN stated the GOP will not nominated Ron Paul no matter what happens ..........

the large company's that own our media outlets don't want him in office.......and will do what ever they can to make that happen :popcorn:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    His re-assesment after Iowa probably did him in. Not to mention his gaffs and non remembering. It appears that the only battle left will be who ends up being the anti-Romney candidate. It appears that Gingrinch is surging in S. Carolina. Not sure what his ex wife is trying t do with this interview thing, but I guess we will see on Sat.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I can't believe his ideas of wanting to re-invade Iraq with heterosexual soldiers didn't resound with more Republicans.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It sounds pretty vain and shallow, but he didn't have a chance after his big "3 departments to cut" gaff. He's actually made some pretty good comments in debates following that, but he was getting setup to be played as another moron president from Texas. I'd rather that he endorsed Ron Paul, but endorsing the other establishment candidate isn't really a big shock either.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    He didn't particularly want to drop at this point or endorse Newt either, but it is what it is. The big question is, how are they going to arrange the podiums for the debate now that they can't put Romney at the center? Who gets to sit at the right hand now? Santorum or Newt? Who has to inhabit the outer ring with Ron?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd be willing to guess that they're going to put Santorum out there with RP. I'm expecting Santorum to get out within the next state or two. I think he's being groomed to be the establishments candidate for the next election just like Romney was last go around.

Top Bottom