• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm a little bit confused by this since the article seems to be a mashup of issues regarding open carry with a little bit of constitutional carry thrown in. Must they be a single issue?

It seems to me a state could allowed constitutional concealed carry and then tackle the issue of OC separately. Or, does constitutional carry man that by definition one must bare arms openly?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    And there are people right here on INGO that will cast a vote for this cretin come the primaries. Gun Rights be damned.

We all know that no matter how much we wish it was not true, the people with (D) and (R) at the end of their names will be the two from whom the next President will be chosen. No Constitution Party, Libertarian, or any other is going to win that office.

In no way am I saying that Perry is a good choice. I'm also not saying he's a bad choice. I'm saying only that he's a possible choice the GOP might put up.

So, mrj, I have to ask, if the choice comes down to him or Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, or some other Republican you hate (which from all appearances is "all of them") what do you plan to do?

Vote Hillary?

Blessings,
    Bill

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We all know that no matter how much we wish it was not true, the people with (D) and (R) at the end of their names will be the two from whom the next President will be chosen. No Constitution Party, Libertarian, or any other is going to win that office.

In no way am I saying that Perry is a good choice. I'm also not saying he's a bad choice. I'm saying only that he's a possible choice the GOP might put up.

So, mrj, I have to ask, if the choice comes down to him or Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, or some other Republican you hate (which from all appearances is "all of them") what do you plan to do?

Vote Hillary?

Blessings,
    Bill

I plan to cast principled vote for a candidate that I do agree (mostly) with. Like it or not there WILL be other choices on Indiana's presidential ballot in the general election. If there is no-one I like on there then I will write in NONE OF The ABOVE and cast that as my vote.

I won't be voting for Hillary, either. But, I certainly would never cast a vote for a Christie, Jindal, Bush or other turd. Fortunately, I have choices, whether I cast for a winner or not.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm a little bit confused by this since the article seems to be a mashup of issues regarding open carry with a little bit of constitutional carry thrown in. Must they be a single issue?

It seems to me a state could allowed constitutional concealed carry and then tackle the issue of OC separately. Or, does constitutional carry man that by definition one must bare arms openly?
    Constitutional carry would mean no laws restricting the right to carry a weapon. How could you outlaw OC in that scenario?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Constitutional carry would mean no laws restricting the right to carry a weapon. How could you outlaw OC in that scenario?

Ummm....not so fast....Constitutional carry will only mean what is written into law. The CC law that was offered up in Indiana this year was silent on the method of carry but that was, I think, a continuation/extension of our current LTCH language. But even so, our CC laws would have exceptions and there's no reason why another state's couldn't have them in carry method.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I plan to cast principled vote for a candidate that I do agree (mostly) with. Like it or not there WILL be other choices on Indiana's presidential ballot in the general election. If there is no-one I like on there then I will write in NONE OF The ABOVE and cast that as my vote.

I won't be voting for Hillary, either. But, I certainly would never cast a vote for a Christie, Jindal, Bush or other turd. Fortunately, I have choices, whether I cast for a winner or not.
    What do you have against Jindal? Maybe I've overlooked part of his record.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What do you have against Jindal? Maybe I've overlooked part of his record.

He's bankrupted his state. Went from a surplus to a billion dollar deficit. Can't trust an idiot who cannot do simple mathematics to run to the country. And he's a dominionist to boot. Won't vote for a person like that under any circumstances.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County

Vote Hillary?

Blessings,
    Bill

This is the ABSOLUTE worst way to vote. When you pick the lesser of two evils you still end up with evil. You should always vote for the best man for the job. Not the most likly to win. According to your own ideas of voting YOU should have voted for Obama last time. Mitt Romney never stood a chance against him so he had the only chance of winning. That is how much your method makes sense.

I tell people to think of it like this. You are planning for if you die who will raise your children. Two people are SUGGESTED to you one is a child molester and the other killed one of his kids cause he was mad. Now you COULD pick from these two evil men that where suggested to you or you could do the right thing and find a suitable father to raise your kids in case you die.

This senerio fits well because when you pick these Democrats and Republicans it is your childrens future you are voting on. Wether this country will be in debt so far they go bankrupt and/or having no Liberty left because of who you voted for or do you want them to live free and live in a great country.

You have the choice evil or good. It is that simple. When someone wants to destroy the thing they swear a oath to protect they are EVIL. When they want to ensure freedom and Liberty they are Good.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The article is a bit misleading, saying he kicked dirt in the grave of constitutional carry...perhaps they didn't notice he's the FORMER governor. His comments are interesting in defining who he is (and a hater of firearms he is not) not what is the policy in TX today.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Ummm....not so fast....Constitutional carry will only mean what is written into law. The CC law that was offered up in Indiana this year was silent on the method of carry but that was, I think, a continuation/extension of our current LTCH language. But even so, our CC laws would have exceptions and there's no reason why another state's couldn't have them in carry method.
    No, constitutional carry is the removal of laws that restrict the carry of firearms. If there are exceptions then it is no longer constitutional carry, even if it is a looser law than currently exists.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    TTAG is full of wind. Rick Perry was and is overall a popular guy in Texas, but he is no longer governor and has very little, if any, influence on the Legislature.

OCT and OCTC killed unlicensed open carry in Texas. They almost certainly mortally wounded licensed open carry as well, and if by some miracle it does get through, it will be despite them, not because of them (the only way they could help at this point is sit down and shut up). OCT and OCTC basically took the caricatures of gun owners perpetrated by bloombergists and made them come to life.

Top Bottom