• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So Rick Warren, an alleged "man of God" is blaming an inanimate object and someone else for his son's death?!?! What about the boy's parents? Didn't they have anything to do with the boy's upbringing that might have twisted his mind?

With all due respect to the sadness of anyone's early death, sorry Rick, you make me sick!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    How many serial number-less guns do you see offered for sale "on the Internet?" The first thing I thought was "publicity hound" to turn his son's suicide to something profitable for himself. That's what makes me sick. And his link to [STRIKE]Satan[/STRIKE] Obama doesn't inspire me to believe him.

rick-warren-obama.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't see where he was blaming the gun or the internet. He said he forgave the criminal that sold an illegal weapon through illegal channels. Most would feel justified to blame the criminal seller or the hardware himself. I have not seen that on any of the news reports. The son has fought mental illness for years. His statement was that in his mental illness, his son took his own life. I didn't see a deflection of blame.

I had someone try to sell me a rifle with all the markings ground off at the 1500 show. I did not blame the rifle, or even the show. Criminals exist among us, they congregate in Washington D.C.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sounds like a disconnected, distant father that had no idea what was going on trying to justify his Liberal views using his son. You can't buy a gun on the internet. You can meet someone on the internet that will illegally sell you a gun, just as you can meet people on the internet that will engage in illegal activity of all sorts. But you can't buy a gun on the internet. So this father is simply pushing a agenda using his son, very pathetic.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm not buying it! Until there is proof that it was purchased online seems to me it just might have been one of those loophole purchases on a FTF basis. Happens all the time. Also, as stated above, no proof of who actually defaced the ser. number. More agenda here being pushed as fact.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    So the boy goes out and buys an illegal firearm illegally then shoots himself with it and I'm supposed to feel some small thread of compassion?

Sorry! I feel nothing, not even the smallest shred of compassion.

I guess if anything I'm thankful he was able to purchase the weapon so that when he finally cashed out it was relatively quick and painless. Blowing your brains out has to be much more humane than some of the other less efficient ways.

Yea, I know I'm a heartless bastard but sometimes life is just what life is, nothing more, nothing less.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can buy illegal drugs, children to molest, Illegal brides, prostitutes, people to kill other people, etc. on the internet. They don't have websites like buyillegalarmsDOT com of hitsforhireDOTcom, but you surely can find people of every level on the internet. Nothing is impossible to aquire, it is just a matter of making contact with the people who can and will supply. If there is a buck to be made, SOMEONE is making it.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ok, so his son broke the law and committed suicide. So this only proves that "the law" didn't work. Big surprise right?????

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How many serial number-less guns do you see offered for sale "on the Internet?" The first thing I thought was "publicity hound" to turn his son's suicide to something profitable for himself. That's what makes me sick. And his link to [STRIKE]Satan[/STRIKE] Obama doesn't inspire me to believe him.

rick-warren-obama.jpg

He is friends with both Obama and Bush. Worse, he's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. His New Age church bastardizes word of God and his own book contains occult passages. Rick Warren has made a lucrative career out of leading people astray and politicizing his son's death is no surprise.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    His New Age church bastardizes word of God and his own book contains occult passages. Rick Warren has made a lucrative career out of leading people astray and politicizing his son's death is no surprise.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but could you elaborate a little or provide reading to support such claims?

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    You can't buy a gun on the internet. You can meet someone on the internet that will illegally sell you a gun, just as you can meet people on the internet that will engage in illegal activity of all sorts. But you can't buy a gun on the internet. .

:yesway:
    Words mean things. When they don't, then laws can mean anything those in control want them to.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So the boy goes out and buys an illegal firearm illegally then shoots himself with it and I'm supposed to feel some small thread of compassion?

Sorry! I feel nothing, not even the smallest shred of compassion.

I guess if anything I'm thankful he was able to purchase the weapon so that when he finally cashed out it was relatively quick and painless. Blowing your brains out has to be much more humane than some of the other less efficient ways.

Yea, I know I'm a heartless bastard but sometimes life is just what life is, nothing more, nothing less.

Suicide is illegal, too!

He is friends with both Obama and Bush. Worse, he's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. His New Age church bastardizes word of God and his own book contains occult passages. Rick Warren has made a lucrative career out of leading people astray and politicizing his son's death is no surprise.

He's another cultist.

Top Bottom