• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Back in the late 80s/early 90s there was a kids TV Show I think it was on FOX. During the promo of the show (a few weeks before it started) your TV would appear to get snow and then some resistance fighter would get on. I think he wore some type of silver helmet. And would say he was transmitting his message from the future (post EOTWAWIT type of event) to use to say tune.

In the show (once it aired) we find out that the world is a waste land. Nukes below up the entire world, all cities have been destroyed and now a 1/2 machine, 1/2 human evil dictator has taken over. His evil army can fly. The guy sending the message is the leader of resistant fighters who are tying to overthrow the dicator and bring order back to the world.

Does anyone recall the name of the show? I think they did action figures for this show as well.

In one of the episodes the evil dictaor caputres a blind lady (someone he loved before the post-SHTF event) and with the help of his robots operates on her so she can see. She is horrified by what she sees (complete world destruction) and he tells her this is only temp. as he brings a new world order into place. She escapes with the help of the resistance and asked that her vision operation NOT continue so she can go blind again and thus not have to see the way the world really is and instead see it how she remembers.

The main resistance fighter and her are close friends I think and I recall that at the start of that episode they are playing chess and he does an opening move and she jokes with him that it's the same move as always and thus why he will lose. At the end of the episode they are seen playing again (only now she is blind) and again the same oepning move by him.

So any idea?

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Sounds interesting...

I spent the late 80s and early 90s overseas. So all the shows I saw were either on AFN or VHS tapes someone sent over. Never remember seeing anything like what you described.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FOUND IT!!!!!!

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

team08jv7.jpg

enemy solider
    0.jpg

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Why did I watch that Captain Power video. It just shows when Hollywood started to lose all creativity, which is why they are now remaking old movies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW here is the episode with the chess game.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhvSE1ay1-o
    Look near the last 2 mins of this video to see how San Fransisco, CA ended up all blow up. :rockwoot::D:laugh:

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC0luWMxnPM&feature=related
    Again more of san fran all blown up

Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGgvpGbDrs&feature=related

I was mistaken on the blind person. That was another episode in the TV Show.

It's this one
    06 "A Fire in the Dark" Doug Williams Marv Wolfman October 18, 1987
    Lord Dread commissions a blind artist prodigy to create portraits of his ideal world. Power tries to make her understand Lord Dread's deception, especially after Lord Dread threatens to kill her friends.

Top Bottom