• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Anything newer than 2102? Or perhaps in more places than just NYC? Maybe something Or something that requires a prescription? (Plan B is now OTC, I think)

Let's also say that emergency contraception doesn't fall under the statement, "too often schools like to treat kids with drugs who don’t need them."

It also strays pretty far from Mark's question about Ritalin and his 5 y.o. boy.

And I believe they can and do tell parents their child will not be allowed back at school unless they are medicated. What are you gonna do at that point?
    If your kid is psychotic and physically violent, I don't want him in the same classroom as my wife unless it's under control.

When my wife gets punched at school, it's not a good evening for us at home.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    JettaKnight said:
    If your kid is psychotic and physically violent, I don't want him in the same classroom as my wife unless it's under control.

When my wife gets punched at school, it's not a good evening for us at home.

do you think it’s only the psychotic and physically violent kids that are given that ultimatum? The violent kids I see are ALL on meds. Lots of them.

apparently that ultimatum is illegal.

https://www.understood.org/en/learn...dication-a-requirement-for-my-child-to-attend

I don’t have other examples of schools medicating kids without parental consent. I just don’t like saying “never”

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My sons teacher was big on telling parent that there kids needed adhd meds. I found this out after talking with other parents. She suggest my son be on it so he would be more "calm" in her class. I was quite verbal about disagreeing. I told her you want me to medicate my kid so your job is easier? I talked to his earlier teachers and they all said he was well behaved 95% of the time. Other times a little verbal reinforcement and he was fine.

I agree there are kids that need it. I went to school with several that could have used it back in the day. But using it to replace discipline is not good parenting, JMO.

As mentioned up thread, get another opinion or even a few. How does he act with you? Talk to his teachers. Talk to some of his friends to make sure you aren't missing something too. I pray things work out for your family. I have been threw divorce with kids in the middle. The parents can make things easier on the children with cooperation. My first wife used the kids as a wedge. pumped them full of lies and stories to make "her life easier" is what she later admitted to. My second ex was great. We parted nicely and did not put our child in the middle of anything.

You are in my prayers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    do you think it’s only the psychotic and physically violent kids that are given that ultimatum? The violent kids I see are ALL on meds. Lots of them.

apparently that ultimatum is illegal.

https://www.understood.org/en/learn...dication-a-requirement-for-my-child-to-attend

I don’t have other examples of schools medicating kids without parental consent. I just don’t like saying “never”

So... you saying that both of your points are practically incorrect?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Only way u r getting full custody is if she walks away. In the courts eyes the worst mother is better than the best father.

Although it is true there are probably some judges who are still caught in the 19th Century on family law issues, isn't it unfair to paint all the courts with such a broad brush?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So... you saying that both of your points are practically incorrect?

There is a huge culture out there pushing for medical treatment for children without their parents’ consent. Abortion, transgenderism, birth control, STD treatment, etc. the schools are complicit in this push and need to be closely monitored. You have administrators pretending to be parents to get medical care for kids. I bet that happens WAY more than we know. We have people pretend to be parents in the ER. How do we know? How do you provide it?

i don’t trust the system. It’s agenda is opposed to mine. Sorry I can’t post links to more proven cases out there. Didn’t look though.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to ask if the school gets more funding if more kids are on medication.

Always follow the money

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I have to ask if the school gets more funding if more kids are on medication.

Always follow the money

Or, follow the money indirectly. Over-medicated kids are nice, quiet kids, so they need less staff, maybe? Just a guess, as this is outside my area of expertise. I defer to knowledgeable folks like Hoosierdoc on these issues.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There is a huge culture out there pushing for medical treatment for children without their parents’ consent. Abortion, transgenderism, birth control, STD treatment, etc. the schools are complicit in this push and need to be closely monitored. You have administrators pretending to be parents to get medical care for kids. I bet that happens WAY more than we know. We have people pretend to be parents in the ER. How do we know? How do you provide it?

i don’t trust the system. It’s agenda is opposed to mine. Sorry I can’t post links to more proven cases out there. Didn’t look though.

I noted the commonality between each of the areas where they are pushing for treatment without parental consent. They are all areas of extreme interest to the very radical left.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    A little background, my ex wife is 27 with 3 kids from 3 different dads, I was lucky number 2 before she had an affair. She has been divorced again since me. My son who is 5 splits time evenly with me and her. He is attending school near her until our court date on April 1st, when the court will decide on the primary parent because we never established one after our divorce.

So I just got back to my office from my son's Dr. appointment, and hes been prescribed Ritalin. I'm not happy about it, but he definitely eased my thoughts a bit. My son does great with me but has been having trouble in school, not wanting to sit still and disturbing other students.

I think the problems are coming from his mother. She has a house by his school, but is dating a guy that live almost 2 hours from there, and I recently found out that she is staying with him on some school nights. So my son never knows where he is going to be staying. Also, her boyfriend has 2 kids and just the small amount of time I have seen them I know that they are out of control.

I'm trying to bite my tongue until court because I honestly think I have a good shot at winning. I guess other than just ranting and getting stuff off my chest, I was wondering if anyone else on here has dealt with a kid like mine that has been put on Ritalin. I'm not a fan of drugs that mess with the brain, but I do want what is best for my son.

Don't hold back in court. She wouldn't. Besides, you're the father which already starts you 10 steps back in most custody cases.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    They wanted to put my son on meds when he was about 7 or 8. Truth was, he just didn't like school, and was being obstinate and uncooperative. We didn't put him on meds, but worked closely with him to influence his thinking. He eventually grew out of the disruptive stage, but remained stubborn throughout his school days. As a young adult now, he's a very productive person. I realize some kids need meds, but not every kid who's having problems needs them. I would think the uncertainty in your son's life may be causing some of his problems. In any case, I believe I'd get more professional opinions before committing to the meds. Best of luck with him, and your other issue.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Having been there, done that, I feel for you. It is terrible for a parent to see those things happening to their kids and being relatively unable to do anything about it, unless you have a lot of money, time, persistence, a good lawyer, and a judge who doesn't prescribe to the theory that the mother is best for the children.

Everything is okay, until they're not.

Yep*** OP I would go after full custody.. money well spent.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have the solution, but no time machine.

Therefore, I will say- I wish you and your son well. I applaud you for trying to make the best out of a difficult situation.

Get a good child psychiatrist and do not leave this to primary care physicians.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Quick update, the first week was a 180 in school. They said he is now one of the best kids in class, so I guess the medicine worked. I still don't like it, but am glad it is working.

As for as the custody goes, my hearing is on April 1st, and his mother just keeps screwing up day after day. I hate to feel too confident because I know I am fighting an uphill battle being a male, but I honestly think I have a pretty good shot at winning.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Quick update, the first week was a 180 in school. They said he is now one of the best kids in class, so I guess the medicine worked. I still don't like it, but am glad it is working.
    Well, that's good news.

As for as the custody goes, my hearing is on April 1st, and his mother just keeps screwing up day after day. I hate to feel too confident because I know I am fighting an uphill battle being a male, but I honestly think I have a pretty good shot at winning.
    Easy - you need to identify as a women now. You'll have two pluses in your column - you're a woman and a transsexual - double minority. Just note, that painting your face black will not make you a triple minority.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Don't kid yourself that just by being a dad you get the crappy end of the custody battle, my Father got full custody of his s two kids in 1962. I got custody of my son in a supposed wife always wins county. I had my paperwork in order and the Master did a quick read of my paperwork and it was over for her.
    Get yourself squared away and get it done, let her write the checks and you raise your son.

Top Bottom