• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    When I took this class in Feb. there was some shooting out to 200 yards as part of the qualifier, but not a ton. Probably under 30 rounds worth.

More so for me, because I was the last one to qualify (on my third and final try).

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We are still working out dates for next year but will post them up when they are firmed up.
    There is one slated for June but typically we will do one late Feb as a way to kick off the year, blow out the cobwebs, get rid of the winter fat.....

Good to hear. With my work schedule I need to know the dates long before the classes so I can work on trying to get off. Right now we are having a mass exodus of employees, so taking off work is pretty much impossible.

draftsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    The weather was beautiful, instruction/teaching & RSO's were great, content and learning experience was priceless. Thank you to Revere's Riders and the Bedford Contingent for putting this on. The class was excellent and helped me identify several areas for improvement. We spent most of the weekend (except for lunch) slung up and safe when not on the line shooting. All shooters conscious of muzzle direction, helping set up and rearrange targets for the various drill set ups while slung and safe. I lost track of the number of drills we went through (20?), total round count was near 500.

The moving and swinging targets on day 2 were fun and challenging. We did A LOT of moving and shooting which I've never experienced before. The mixture of shooting at distance and close range in the same drill, transitioning to your weak side to shoot around cover, moving and shooing every which way literally was a challenging and excellent learning opportunity. I definitely want to take this class again to reinforce everything learned and to get more experience moving and shooting.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I am missing a wind breaker jacket. If anyone finds a mostly black, some grey jacket in their gear let me know.

I was only there for day 2 but I can say this was, again, a great group of people. Thanks everyone for being safe but also just simply for being a fun group of people to spend the day with.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    It was certainly a good time. I really liked the Vtac boards and the qualifier....i just wish we had more chances to run that damn thing. It was nice shooting with a great group of people and Nigel :)

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfect weather, great group of people and awesome shooting opportunities. Learned much and discovered new things I need to practice. Instructors and RSO very helpful, friendly and entertaining. Got to do things I have never had the opportunity to do before like shooting from the off shoulder while moving in multiple directions, applying a tourniquet one handed in the middle of a course of fire (only practice folks no REAL need) and many other things. Trying to hit a target moving at you at running speed was new and EXCITING (need more practice at that one). Targets from 3 yards to 200 yards. Got to try my equipment in an all day environment with all kinds of movement. Highly recommend this course!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    SmileDoc, Is this the jacket someone wrote Homo on?

1xdxip.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Great training event!

You are kidding yourself if you think that you can find a better value for your training $$.
    Range fees included
    Lunch provide both days
    Nice range facilities with the ability to camp at the range if you are low on funding. (Could be used to convince spouse on money savings)

Instructors are knowledgeable and professional (primary instructor tends to mispronounce words, ask him how to say aluminum)
    Course of fire is switched up to keep it fresh for repeat students. You get a chance to shoot moving targets and learn drills you would normally pay twice the amount or more for this level of training.

If you add the price of the hotel and gas in for two days you are still not matching the 3/4 of price of tuition for a class at this level. This is not a basic or entry level class even if you have trained hard with the big names you will still get challenged.

So some of you INGO posters/posers need to grab that great Carbine you built and talk all this crap about on the internet and meet us at the range.
    It’s not like you will be heckled for standing in the open while changing magazines or missing targets.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Glad it went well. I wanted to go, but was visiting family in Michigan. Since it was the only time this year I'll make it up there, I had to go. Hopefully next time!

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Outstanding Training Event.

I look back now, and it seems hard to believe all the stuff that we covered over two days. Nigel did a great job, and pushed us hard. He forced me to fire from my "Not as strong side" and I actually figured it out and did pretty well with it thanks to the excellent instructions. We got to lay on our sides and shoot with the guns all but laying on the ground (such as shooting under a car), and the smell of burning grass from the muzzle flash was delightful!

The "Clearing Rooms" drill was a great experience for me, and I learned that you need to be ready for anything.

The Qualifier was intense, and about the most fun I have had without being shot back at. The moving target (and I mean moving, like a car trying to run you down) made you get in the groove, while the swinging target (everyone's favorite, NOT!) was humbling. The qualifier forced us to shoot from 3 feet to 200 yards while engaging several targets, most of them engaged while on the move, and performing mag changes. I have many new skills to practice so you young whippersnappers better not let your guard down in future qualifiers!

The lunches were tasty, filling , and we were always ready for that break.

Thanks to all the RSO's and volunteers that made this event happen. It was a pleasure hanging out for 2 days with this group.

I will second Brad's comment about the value of this event, I know of no other that comes close.

Ron

Top Bottom