• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Is there gonna be chicken for lunch?

I am attempting to convince my wife I need to buy a MCX for this event!

Distinct possibility that chicken may be on the menu. Whatever is served will be hot, will be good and tasty and plenty of it. Remember lunch will be provided both days so take that off the price of the MCX. Range fee included too so take that off as well.
    It’s not like you are buying a Jeep or something...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Last time I was at Bedford we had ribs for lunch. And Nigel ain't kidding about there being plenty of food. I'm pretty sure I was force fed 3-4 more ribs than I needed.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Range fee AND lunch included? Reveres Riders instructors must be unpaid volunteers or sumthin!!!

No better training deals than this my fellow INGOtarians!

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I was getting ready to sign-up, called the wife and she reminded me we will be in Knoxville for a Shinedown concert. So it looks like I will be there for the October training. Thanks for all the info on this one.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I was getting ready to sign-up, called the wife and she reminded me we will be in Knoxville for a Shinedown concert. So it looks like I will be there for the October training. Thanks for all the info on this one.
    Understood. If something changes you are welcome to join us. Failing that I’ll see you in October.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    If you are the fence about this one, the ‘early bird’ sign up is getting ready to expire.
    Just under a month so plenty of time to round up your gear.
    Come on out and see if you are “Well Regulated”.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    If you are the fence about this one, the ‘early bird’ sign up is getting ready to expire.
    Just under a month so plenty of time to round up your gear.
    Come on out and see if you are “Well Regulated”.

See you there nad63! Thanks for offering this opportunity. Much appreciated!!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Is there anything specifically I should be practicing for this event?
    Probably the best advice is to gear up with what you plan to wear/use.
    See if you can access your magazines and manipulate your weapon platform from standing, kneeling & prone.
    It is surprising how many slings are suddenly too short when you are wearing winter clothing.
    Assuming you can access your gear and get into position you’ll be fine.
    This will be all about seeing what works best for ‘you’.
    Muzzle discipline and safety discipline are always worth practising especially when changing positions and using and manipulating barricades/obstacles.
    Remember end all practice and no sex for seven days before the actual class...........jk.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm in.

Anybody camping overnight? Is it allowed? Because if so, that's my plan.
    So, are you still considering camping? I could be convinced to do that possibly maybe if its not like it was last week, and I can't find any more qualifiers to put in this sentence.
    If you don't camp, where do people generally stay?
    Just signed up, pretty excited.
    Also, pretty intimidated, its my first class ever. Certainly not my first time shooting.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So, are you still considering camping? I could be convinced to do that possibly maybe if its not like it was last week, and I can't find any more qualifiers to put in this sentence.
    If you don't camp, where do people generally stay?
    Just signed up, pretty excited.
    Also, pretty intimidated, its my first class ever. Certainly not my first time shooting.

I'm still on the fence about camping. The polar vortex seriously has me rethinking that plan simply because I don't have extreme cold weather gear. If I knew for sure the weather was going to be above 30 degrees I would probably though it out, but if temps are way down I don't want to suffer through it just because.

I am going to check into local hotels. I know there are a few real close by, but plenty along 37 both north and south of Bloomington.

Heck last time I drove the two hours back to Fishers for the night then back for day two. It wasn't ideal but doable. And that was when there was still construction all along 37.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm still on the fence about camping. The polar vortex seriously has me rethinking that plan simply because I don't have extreme cold weather gear. If I knew for sure the weather was going to be above 30 degrees I would probably though it out, but if temps are way down I don't want to suffer through it just because.

I am going to check into local hotels. I know there are a few real close by, but plenty along 37 both north and south of Bloomington.

Heck last time I drove the two hours back to Fishers for the night then back for day two. It wasn't ideal but doable. And that was when there was still construction all along 37.
    I think waiting to see what the weather is closer is wise, been out in 20* temps in my roof top tent and wasn't bad at all, but that was in SW colorado, low humidity.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Camping is available on site at the Bedford Contingent Gun Range. But if you need to seek indoor accommodations, there is a Super 8 and Quality Inn & Suites about 8 miles south on 37. Smokin Jim's BBQ is just across the street from these establishments and open carry is encouraged at Smokin Jim's.

Top Bottom