• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've been shooting for a couple of years now and still have no formal training...If you see my targets after I'm done with them it's pretty clear I haven't.:n00b:

Are their any good classes in the Evansville area coming up anytime soon?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Tactical Response is coming to Seymour for some pistol training. That's the only thing I know of in southern IN at this time.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    BazookaJoe,

The Appleseed Program will again be visting E'ville on June 21-22. We'll be at Red Brush again which is a great range to shoot on.

Here are the Evansville links:

2008 Evansville, IN Appleseed Information

Program links:
    The Appleseed Project Project Appleseed -
    Index

If you haven't heard about the Appleseed program we are all volunteers who put on 2 day rifle clinics nationwide. Last month we hosted 14 shoots and had 572 attendees on the line in one weekend. Search the forum here for references to the program. In 2 days you'll shoot about 400 rounds from standing, sitting/kneeling and prone. Learn to use a sling and your sights, find NPOA and learn the 6 step sto taking a shot. All rifles, all calibers, all sights are welcome but you'll probably do best with a magazine fed semi-auto. 10/22s are probably the most common, but you'll usually see M-1s, M-1As, SKs, SKS', ARs the whole gamut. The shooting will be done at 25m so as to maximize instructional time.

Any questions holler as we have several INGO members who have been attendees and are now Instructors. We'd love to have you come out!

hawkhavn
    RWVA Instructor

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The Appleseed program is very well recommended on the other sites too. I will have to try and clear our schedule for my teenager and I to attend this summer.

The 10/22s sound like a great option for us at 25m. And with the $$ of ammo it really sounds good!!!

Thanks for the links.....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Thanks Hawk! I was wondering when another appleseed was going to be around here...Last time I was unable to make it.

Plus, it will be a good chance to check out Red Brush. I've been wanting to see if I'd like a membership there(yes, I know the criteria) and this will be a good chance.

Top Bottom