• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcr465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Being the geek I am, I recently purchased some CAD software & have been redrawing some 1911 drawings to become familiar with the software. It actually has been so enjoyable I was hoping to find other weapons blueprints to draw.

Was wondering if any INGOer might have e-blueprints they could share....:biggun:

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

I have SolidWorks '06 w/ FEA here at the house I use from time to time when drawing obsolete replacement parts for vintage snowmobile engines.

dcr465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Thanks for feedback. Its been 3? years since Engineering School so I am starting CAD cheaply TurboCad. Funny that Backfire mentioned FEA... I am so old that I was in one of the 1st Finite Element class at my college and we had to perform our analyses on a IBM PCXT.

I hope to upgrade to Solids Modeling software as my knowledge grows

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Thanks for feedback. Its been 3? years since Engineering School so I am starting CAD cheaply TurboCad. Funny that Backfire mentioned FEA... I am so old that I was in one of the 1st Finite Element class at my college and we had to perform our analyses on a IBM PCXT.

I hope to upgrade to Solids Modeling software as my knowledge grows
    Yikes!!!! :):

You'll find SolidWork's stuff to be really easy to get acclamated to, as they've came a LONGGGG way in making their products streamline into everyone's elses' stuff much better, compared to how they used to be 10 years ago. In fact, most (not all) other CAD/CAM drawings can be easily imported into SL with a utility they have now, without having to re-draw any number of things- even the Pro-E crap... That's pretty neat and a HUGE time saver!

Good luck and enjoy. It's really fun! :cool:

Top Bottom