• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I've been casually searching for a good hunting sling with ammo loops. Can't really find anything I like that well. I really want ammo loops as my rifle only holds 2 in the blind mag and I put a thumbhole stock on it so a stockpack isn't an option. Anyone have any suggestions? :ingo:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    There are probably several members here that could make something for you or you could possibly modify something already in production. Good luck!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I had a camo one on my .243 for years.
    Have a black one on my Contender carbine but didn't like the weight of cartridges flipping it around, so cut the loops off one day while in stand.

Butler Creek Alaskan Magnum Rifle Sling : Cabela's

I had seen these and wondered about quality. I'm wanting one for an elk rifle. The gun will spend a lot of time on my shoulder as well as in a scabbard on a horse. I need an alternative to carrying extra rounds on the buttstock

mattyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    I ended up trying but not preferring the sling I had that had ammo loops. They kind of made the sling klink around and not swing out of the way as easy. Have you thought of one of the nice ammo wallets that you can put in your pocket and not have to try and dig loose rounds out of your pocket?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nylon and neoprene................"quality" seems OK, but the durability of the materials I dunno.
    I hunted mine for a few yrs, no wear.

But I wasn't hard on it.

I beat the crap out of my Bianchi Double Suede Cobra sling, for decades...............it's in great shape. But then it would cost a lot more if they still made 'em.
    And................it doesn't reduce the effects of bounce. My neck can't take a regular sling. The only time I use it is when I need both hands to do something.

If not, then my rifle is carried in my left hand.

And I rarely use my sling as a shooting aid. Don't need it on deer. Chucks I hit the deck and shoot most off bipods.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Consider an ammo cuff that goes on your arm instead of carrying them on the sling or the stock. Some buttstock carriers will ride on your arm depending how big your arm is. You can also have the cuff sewn onto your jacket sleeve. My experience with buttstock and sling carriers is the rounds will get beat up or fall out.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I've checked out the ammo cuffs but hunting Wyoming in October often requires a lot of clothing. Not sure I want that thing on my arm trying to ride a horse and pack another. I'm thinking of getting one of those wallets. Could easily go in a coat pocket. I guess I really only need 1 bullet.(yeah...right)

Top Bottom