• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Yeah I know, it should be covered in a dozen threads, but everything I see pertains to handguns.

I mentioned having an AR-7 in a buyout bag with a brick of ammo. Someone asked about crossing state lines, and well I didn't have an educated answer other than keeping them locked in separate cases. Can anyone point me to a thread or two, or give me better search terms?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is a "buyout bag"? Is this one of those thing like at Kiesler Brothers where you buy like 6 guns for $100 blind?

1. Is this about purchasing across state lines?

2. Is this about transporting?

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Generally speaking if the gun is unloaded, broken down, and in a case you are okay. Now if you enter the City of Chicago with an AR-15 and 30rd magazines and you are stopped...there is no telling what CPD will do. If the rifle you are carrying in your car is banned in the local you are traveling through...you will most likely have a problem.

There is a federal law called "Firearms Owners Protection Act" or FOPA. This law is supposed to protect citizens whom are lawfully transporting firearms they are legally allowed to posses from local restrictions which would otherwise generally prohibit passage of the firearm. I will post a link below that is worth reading on the NRA's website.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation

Top Bottom