• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife heard about this the other day, and has been following the news. Funny, that the major US "new" outlets haven't caught on yet.

Alps shootings: murders have 'hallmarks of a professional assassination' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Iraqi native, living in England, working as a "aerospace" consultant is assassinated, along with his family and possible witnesses, and their eldest daughter is tortured (but survives). Their youngest daughter hides under her mother's body until rescued.

Other news clips confirm that MI6 had been following him prior to his vacation, and they had abruptly moved campsites the day before the attack.

Either I've been ready too many "espionage" novels, or this is more than it seems!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    In this day and age (as the saying goes) it is not outside the realm of possibilities.

Read all of Clancy's early novels. The conspiracy is compelling...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I read about this happening soon after it happened.

The situation IS quite interesting. And there are only about 15 different "groups" who'd wanted it to happen, too.

Bad form on offing the cyclist and beating the kid.

-J-

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    25 shell casings at the scene for what appears to be three intended targets and one hapless bystander? Sloppy work. Doesn't really sound professional to me.

It also reminds me of the Jean Reno line from The Professional. "No women. No kids."

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    NPR AND Fox had it last week in several stories. I didn't look, but I'd be willing to bet several other major US news outlets DID have it...

We must have missed it, thanks. I don't really watch network news (I've got INGO :D), but my wife leaves it on pretty much all day. She actually directed me to this story. In her words "something is up, and 'they' don't want us to know what. This is fishy." She is about as anti-tinfoil as you can get, so it got my attention.

Of course, she DOES listen to Coast to Coast. Maybe it is starting to get to her.....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Five years later the case is still open with a new potential suspect.

Alps murders: Suspect could give new lead to al-Hilli shooting - BBC News

An ex-soldier arrested and charged with the murder of a soldier and the disappearence of a 9-years-old girl.
    The skull of the murdered soldier has been found, not the rest of the body.
    The girl's body have yet to be found.

Back in 2012 it was suspected that the killer might be ex-military because of the type of weapon used.

Since no body have been found in the two other cases they don't know if the same type of gun was used (if a gun was ever used).

The police is also investigating another murder, also a cyclist, who was killed in the region.

It's a bit far fetched that it's the same guy behind all those different murders but I guess a serial killer is a possibility.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Lelandais' black Audi car was also identified in the area on surveillance cameras, Dran said, and an analysis of his phone found he had looked up "decomposition of a human body" on the internet.

That's not good when you're the prime suspect in a missing person case.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20171220/murder-case-in-french-alps-sparks-serial-killer-fears

Reports suggested that investigators might also re-examine a famously unsolved murder case near the Alpine village of Chevaline in 2012 when a
    British-Iraqi family and a cyclist were gunned down in broad daylight.

Top Bottom