• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    What happens here? Especially since the money's been paid? Anyone dealt with it before?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

not sure. I’ve been trying to find out. They posted that they would be in contact with people that were waiting on NFA items last week, but I never got a call. Sent them a Facebook message yesterday. No response yet. I sent Silencer Shop an email yesterday too. Haven’t heard from them yet either. I’m starting to get a little antsy about it after reading comments on their Facebook post about people repeatedly trying to contact them with no luck.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    just heard that they did a local organization dirty!, a local club bought guns from them for a raffle (and paid in full), they (the club) were told all the guns had been sold to another local shop (with 2 locations, one in chandler and one on the west side, but i wont say their name), and when the local club asked they were told "rtba sold us all their inventory, you have to talk to rtba" so the local club now has to buy all the guns from another shop!

all the raffle tickets were sold!, so its refund the tickets, or buy the guns someplace else!

smknabel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Vincennes
    I was there a few months before they closed. I was wanting to actually buy something and couldn’t get anyone to even acknowledge I was there. I ended up going to a different shop.
    It’s sad to see a gun store leave the area, but it’s not really surprising.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    just heard that they did a local organization dirty!, a local club bought guns from them for a raffle (and paid in full), they (the club) were told all the guns had been sold to another local shop (with 2 locations, one in chandler and one on the west side, but i wont say their name), and when the local club asked they were told "rtba sold us all their inventory, you have to talk to rtba" so the local club now has to buy all the guns from another shop!

all the raffle tickets were sold!, so its refund the tickets, or buy the guns someplace else!

Did RKBA refund the money? If not, why are the culprits not being charged for either theft or fraud?

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    I am sorry to hear about this. I missed it earlier this spring. Although I had not been there for about 6 months or so, I had frequented the place. I never bought a firearm there, but came close several times and made other purchases, and used their indoor 25 yard range quite a few times.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    No changes at Right To Bear Arms, plus Meek's just up the highway closed last Saturday for retirement.

after numerous attempts by lots of people, meeks has closed, a few wanted to buy the shop, but they wanted to pay 1/2, and have the owner finance the other 1/2, but the owners didn't want to do that. all their leftover inventory is going to auction next month I think.

the shop I work (rajo's)at will close October 31st (but might extend to November 2nd), that's 3 shops in the Evansville area in less than a year!, one due to financial issues(rtba), and 2 due to retirement!

I hate to say it, but "good ole fashion" gun shops are going the way of the dodo!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    after numerous attempts by lots of people, meeks has closed, a few wanted to buy the shop, but they wanted to pay 1/2, and have the owner finance the other 1/2, but the owners didn't want to do that. all their leftover inventory is going to auction next month I think.

the shop I work (rajo's)at will close October 31st (but might extend to November 2nd), that's 3 shops in the Evansville area in less than a year!, one due to financial issues(rtba), and 2 due to retirement!

I hate to say it, but "good ole fashion" gun shops are going the way of the dodo!

Whoa! I didn't know Rajo's was closing. They've been a west side icon for decades.

Red Ghost out in German township and Uncle Rudy's on the east side are both going strong, plus 2 Rural King branches in Evansville alone.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Whoa! I didn't know Rajo's was closing. They've been a west side icon for decades.

Red Ghost out in German township and Uncle Rudy's on the east side are both going strong, plus 2 Rural King branches in Evansville alone.
    Almost 70 years! In 4 different locations on franklin st! We’re clearing out stuff now tagua holsters are cost plus 10%. Benelli products are cost plus 5% all reloading supplies are 10% off, knives are 20% off pretty much everything but the guns and ammo are from 10-30% off! Stop buy and buy stuff and say high to me! (I work Saturday’s not this Saturday I’m going to a match outside Indy)

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Almost 70 years! In 4 different locations on franklin st! We’re clearing out stuff now tagua holsters are cost plus 10%. Benelli products are cost plus 5% all reloading supplies are 10% off, knives are 20% off pretty much everything but the guns and ammo are from 10-30% off! Stop buy and buy stuff and say high to me! (I work Saturday’s not this Saturday I’m going to a match outside Indy)

Awesome! ....but I'm sorry to see you guys close. I first walked in back in the '80s when it was across the street from it's present location. Rajo's! 'nuff said.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Resurrect OP I command thee ! I get up and down US 41 on a weekly basis. The exterior sign has had the RTBA name removed and a new phone number is displayed. Tell me Oh Swami's of INGO,
    What's going on there??

Top Bottom