• Right to work

• Total voters

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This confuses me. Didn't president Obama tell John McCain that he won the election when health care was being passed. He was implying the republicans should therefore rubber stamp their approval.

Why is it when democrats win an election it is their way or the highway because they say the people have given them a mandate. But when Republicans win an election the same democrats try and stage coups and force "negotiations" or run and hide to try and stop government from operating so they can get their way.

This is because Democrats do not believe in fair play.
    To a Democrat, "compromise" is "Give me everything I want the instant I want it."
    Democrats don't give during negotiations. This works because the network news organizations support the Democrats and lie in their reporting.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    My only experience with unions was brief. I worked in a union factory for 4 months before deciding that factory work wasn’t for me and found another job. The dues were well more than 2 hours pay per month. I made $15 an hour and dues were $60 a month. From what I saw the only thing the union did was collect workers money and make it difficult for qualified employees to advance. Example is my friend that worked there that had been laid off from a maintenance position. He had 5 years experience in maintenance (IN a non union factory where he hired directly in as maintenance due to aptitude testing and 2 degrees one in HVAC and 1 in industrial maintenance) and was told it would be at least 5 years before he had enough seniority to even apply for the union program even though the people ahead of him were not as qualified. Seems fair right? The other interesting thing I found in the handbook was that you could be found to be “impaired” at work 3 times before your jobs was at risk. This was my experience and I am sure that not everyone’s is the same and I am also sure that some unions are beneficial to the workers.

From what I have read the majority of people in this state are for right to work. I believe that because Union workers represent a small number of Indiana workers most Indiana citizens are basing their opinion on stories such as mine and others such as quotas that limit productivity etc.

So I have a challenge for all the union workers protesting right to work , even the ones they are bussing in form other states. Instead of protesting a bill and assembling in front of the private residence of our house speaker in what in my opinion was an attempt to bully him by frightening his family, Why not crusade for reform in your organizations? Instead of protecting “brothers” that stuff their pockets with your money all the while making deals that send your jobs away from Indiana, show that you really stand for the principles that are being blasted from a liberal soapbox in front of the statehouse. Dare to be different! Instead of complaining that our government is trying to kill unions show the people that unions are valuable. Sway public opinion in YOUR favor just as the Republicans have to theirs.

**DISCLAIMER*** I am neither right nor left, Donkey nor Elephant. This is my opinion and I respect others. I am thankful that we live in a country where a discussion like this is allowed.

Last edited:

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Sounds suspiciously like Cummins. Maybe that's why the on-highway engine assembly was moved from Columbus to Jamestown, New York (which move also killed Golden Foundry).
    Golden was "killed" long before the that engine was moved to NY. The head and block raw castings still come to the Columbus plant for machining. This plant was also chosen to be the home of the new Light duty diesel engine.

Top Bottom