• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh, forgot your question:

Expect to use 250 rounds/day. Do 22lr on Sat and bring out the thumper on Sun.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    With all the border raiders in the instructor crew, I believe I will be there to shoot on sunday and will bring a car load with me.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Riley is 25 yards only normally. It has longer distance ability up to 200 yards IIRC, but Appleseed has not used that capability as of yet. Depending on the group progress on Saturday, and the considered opinions of the State Coordinator (Hawkhavn), that might change on Sunday but that would be unique to this event.

Dude, you are wearing the Green this weekend not me...

But I can show you a neat trick with 8.5 x 11 black construction paper and poster board that PHenry and Atticus taught me. :rockwoot:

HH

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    Riley is 25 yards only normally. It has longer distance ability up to 200 yards IIRC, but Appleseed has not used that capability as of yet. Depending on the group progress on Saturday, and the considered opinions of the State Coordinator (Hawkhavn), that might change on Sunday but that would be unique to this event.

Usually the AQT is rough enough as is.

I am very interested in seeing your M1 and it is the cat's meow. You are planning to shoot surplus in it right? They are not so happy with some commercial & reload ammo.

I thought I had read there was a long range portion of training on day 2 on the appleseed website. My mistake, please forget I mentioned it.

My primary interest is getting out of the kitchen. I don't want to be a cook anymore.

My m1 is a cmp service grade with a tanner 1907? sling added. Maybe you guys can show me how to use the sling on it. Its just a bit more complex than the web one I got for the 10-22.

And yes to the surplus ammo question, its the stuff that cmp sells.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Lars

Rifleman
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Anyone who knows the area willing to provide me with a hotel or two I should consider making reservations at?

Knowing my luck I'll pick something as far from the range as geographically possible

Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    The Holiday Inn, Drury Inn, Super 8, Econolodge, Comfort Suites, and I believe a Ramada is about 5 minutes west of the Riley exit at the Terre Haute exit on I-70. Get anything on or around I-70 or Margaret Ave. and you can't go wrong.

Just do not get one on 3rd St like the Hilton cause you'll cause yourself too much driving.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    Anyone who knows the area willing to provide me with a hotel or two I should consider making reservations at?

Knowing my luck I'll pick something as far from the range as geographically possible

I couldn't figure out a place either so I just decided to opt for the econolodge.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Nov 16, 2009
    Okay, my dad has been talking about wanting to do this Appleseed stuff for a few years now. We both have M1s and 10/22s and the capacity and drive to learn. How do we make this happen, what do we need to do to attend?

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Nov 16, 2009
    Thanks for the info, if I can get my dad to go with me we'll be there.
    I really admire what you appleseeders do. I hope to be part of this soon.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    reservation confirmed for the Econolodge. Checking in Friday, and out Sunday.

Thanks guys. See you in a couple days.

Cleaned some rifles for you last night... :cool:

See you soon.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Camping will be available Saturday night at the range. If you had planned to camp on Friday night, please PM me as I am finding options for Friday night campers as I am typing. There are two, very close (under 8 miles) campgrounds as needed.

Again, excited for the weekend. Gonna have a tight, INGO heavy group and a bunch of excellent trainers. It will be a great weekend.

And for those fence sitters, there are still spots on the line. I know it is thanksgiving weekend and the last days of deer season, but please come. Again, if finances or equipment are the barriers for you to attend - PM me and we will work out a solution that gets you on the line asap.

riverman67

Master
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I might try to come and check this out Saturday afternoon. I will be in the area for a Thanksgiving get together and I have to work on Sunday or I would be shooting.
    I want to do one of these with my daughters next spring I am working on getting rifles set up for them now.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    I might try to come and check this out Saturday afternoon. I will be in the area for a Thanksgiving get together and I have to work on Sunday or I would be shooting.
    I want to do one of these with my daughters next spring I am working on getting rifles set up for them now.

You can come and observe, just let one of the people in the colored hats know you are there and we will ask you to sign a liability waiver and then you can watch the rest of the day.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Gonna have a tight, INGO heavy group and a bunch of excellent trainers. It will be a great weekend....

techres.gif

^^THIS!!!! Not the kind of group you were talking about but folks, that is actual size: a one inch square and I would probably be correct in guessing it was shot from a distance of 25 yds.

At it's largest dimension, that would be a 2 MOA group.

In fairness, I will say that it's not the smallest group I've seen pictured, but it is awfully close. The smallest was three shots in a slightly ragged, minutely-larger-than-caliber hole in the top of a 400 yard target (which is tiny) (I'm searching for the pic now. Will post when I find it.)

I cannot promise everyone will come to Appleseed and shoot this well. I know *I* do not shoot this well, however much I would like to say that this is from a lack of practice. (I don't have a range right now.) Nonetheless, the skills we teach and constant, perfect practice will return groups like the one above and the one I described.

Shooters! Your preparation period begins NOW!

Blessings,
    Bill

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Bill, you bringing the Mosin? I am bringing the Enfield. You might get some of that elusive instructor trigger time this weekend.

YHJ

Top Bottom