• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm looking for someone with experience with any of the different explosive targets that a .22 LR round will set off. I could borrow a high-powered rifle from someone and just use regular ones but I want rimfire targets.

I found all of these different ones but I have no idea which ones were best. I have heard of the first 2 companies but not the rest of them:

1. https://www.lastmanstandingtargets.com/products-page/explosive-targets/da-22-atomic/
    2. 22 targets
    3. 10 pack - Ammozone Exploding Targets for Rimfire Use - 22 LR - Read and Follow Directions | SGAmmo.com
    4. Tannerite White Lightning Rimfire Exploding Target Package of 15
    5. Sure Shot Mini Mag Rimfire Exploding Target Package of 10
    6. Sonic Boom® Exploding Rimfire Target | Bass Pro Shops

I'm really just looking for the biggest bang for my buck. If anyone has experience with any of those targets I would appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance! :ingo:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Your welcome. And to clear it up a bit. I've used regular tannerite. And h2 regular and .22 sensitive. I just feel that the h2 is louder.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The Sonic Boom is pretty good. I've used the regular stuff and the 22 targets. With the regular targets I get more of a deep BOOOOMMMM instead of just a bang like with the Tannerite. The 22 targets aren't quite as "energetic" as the regular stuff but are still impressive.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    5lb .22lr sensitive from H2 is your best bet. Doesn't Take much to give big boom.

.22lr IS a fire hazard though FYI. Most non tannerite or H2 are made by same company and just labeled differently.
    h2 .22lr is a beast. Much more peppy than rifle sensitive. H2 is headquartered in western Ohio too. Good people there.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll probably go with the H2. I think I found a dealer that is nearby. I'm going to be taking video when I use the targets so I'll make sure to post them here. :ingo:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I use the White Lightning brand because that is what my local Rural King carries. It is plenty loud for me and works every time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll probably go with the H2. I think I found a dealer that is nearby. I'm going to be taking video when I use the targets so I'll make sure to post them here. :ingo:

I expect a big explosion. Make my windows shake.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Be sure to be a safe distance back. I was pelted with shrapnel when I was about 25 yards back. It's no joke. The .22lr stuff is a fire hazard, the rifle sensitive is not. Use eye protection for sure.

We filled medicine bottles with the .22lr stuff and it was quite potent. Put a bag of flour on top of a can and shoot the .22lr. Fill the container all the way. You want all the oxygen in the reaction to come from the chemicals, not air.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Be sure to be a safe distance back. I was pelted with shrapnel when I was about 25 yards back. It's no joke. The .22lr stuff is a fire hazard, the rifle sensitive is not. Use eye protection for sure.

We filled medicine bottles with the .22lr stuff and it was quite potent. Put a bag of flour on top of a can and shoot the .22lr. Fill the container all the way. You want all the oxygen in the reaction to come from the chemicals, not air.

Don't worry, I'll be at a safe distance. My cameras, maybe not so much. I need to build some kind of box to put them in though. :)

For pistol calibers and .22's, I prefer In The Red Targets. They have an awesome boom and explosion and since they come in baggies instead of plastic containers, you can tape them to whatever you wish to blow up.

Low Velocity Targets for Rimfire, Pistol or Shotgun Use

Thanks for the input. I've got those on my list (#2) and I was trying to decide between H2 and those. But since I can get the H2 locally I think that's what I'll do. :)

Top Bottom