Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...So who were the winners?

:rockwoot::alright::evilangel:

The :oldwise: edged out two very talented youth shooters for a money slot, (not the top.)

Many thanks to Hawkeye7br putting on and directing this match. Also thanks to my squad members who handheld and coached me through this match. Spotting and scoring, along with the shooting, was a bit intimidating to start. It quickly came into focus with the excellent direction from the MD and participants.

I shot well (for me) from the start after warming up and learning the scope dope through the sight in period. This was my first time ever turning scope knobs for distance ranging. It worked well as long as I turned them the right direction. :rolleyes: That along with picking a wrong target was one of a few overconfidence errors made.

I like this a lot. I'll be back for more!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Thanks for the kind words!! Except for the rain (we did have to take a 15 minute rain delay during the match) I think everyone had fun. It may start as organized chaos but quickly gets routine due to dependency on your spotter/scorer keeping you on the correct target & distance. The kids had great fun, and their parents shot for first time too. If it had not been raining, we would have drafted one of the kids to run the atv and pull up the targets.

INGO shooters were well represented!! Top gun was sht4brnz with an outstanding 34x40, right behind him was his shooting partner with a 33 firing in his first ever competition. They shared a Kimber 82 which was possible due to the squading. 3rd place overall went to hog slayer with 31x40 from his 10/22. Another INGO money winner was bwframe, who went to the line with a borrowed gun and rough sight settings, and ended up a money winner on the tie-breaker.

Coupla noteworthy's....competitors fired a total of 88 (5 shot) strings. Of those 88 possibles, there were only 9 times that a shooter hit all 5 targets. sht4brnz had 4 perfect strings, his partner had 2, and hog slayer had 3. Additionally, hog slayer ran a 10 straight, and sht4brnz ran the first 15 targets clean. Awesome shooting guys!!:yesway:

I think everyone was happy with the Lewis style payback, used to award a group that has no classification. We paid cash back to 1st, 5th, and 9th place shooters. This allowed mid class shooters to have a crack at a prize.

Hit rate was better than I expected. The juniors (both age 13) scored 18 & 19 out of 40. Scores ranged from 15 to 34. Five shooters were at 27+. We had two fellas with infirmities that utilized the bench, I hope other shooters recognize we can keep them in the game with this small allowance.

The single shot loading didn't seem to impede anyone, most folks finished with about 20 seconds on the clock. I did hear a couple of dry fire clicks from "failure to load bullet into gun":dunno:

Thanks again to those that braved the rain. I look forward to doing this again. BTW, the rain stopped as soon as y'all left.....

Top Bottom