• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not sure you can have more fun with a pistol than this...

20200620120944.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    They are hard to beat. Close to 3k rounds and have had one failure and it was a dud round. No problems that were guns fault l. Puts every other non target 22 to Shame imo View attachment 88064

Wow! No actual failures in 3k rounds!
    I'll have to quit bragging about my 7 failures in 2400 rounds in my Glock 44.

What is the CZ 75 doing in the pic?
    Is that a stainless steel 75?
    The barrel looked small, so I didn't know whether it might have been a .22LR conversion kit on it till I read the CZ 75 on the slide.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Only pic I had of the tx22. Didn’t crop out the cz. It’s just a standard stainless 75 with aluminum Cz grips. It’s a regular barrel. Does look funny in pic though I agree. I haven’t bought a cz 22 kit yet. I need to. Shoot my brothers occasionally and it is great. Just haven’t found a deal on one yet.

funny thing is about the dud round is it was a cci stinger. I’ve never had a problem with them. Had great strike from taurus and didn’t shoot. Also tried in my mk iii and 10/22 to no avail. Three good hits on primer and nothing.

I had a g44 for a minute. Shot maybe 100 thru it. Felt way cheaper to me than the Taurus so couldn’t justify paying almost double for it so sent it down the road. Would like to get one again at some point if price drops or can find a good trade

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Only pic I had of the tx22.
    Didn’t crop out the cz. It’s just a standard stainless 75 with aluminum Cz grips. It’s a regular barrel.
    Does look funny in pic though I agree.
    I haven’t bought a cz 22 kit yet. I need to. Shoot my brothers occasionally and it is great.
    Just haven’t found a deal on one yet.

funny thing is about the dud round is it was a cci stinger. I’ve never had a problem with them.
    Had great strike from taurus and didn’t shoot. Also tried in my mk iii and 10/22 to no avail.
    Three good hits on primer and nothing.

I had a g44 for a minute.
    Shot maybe 100 thru it. Felt way cheaper to me than the Taurus so couldn’t justify paying almost double for it so sent it down the road.
    Would like to get one again at some point if price drops or can find a good trade

"Standard" Stainless 75: I don't thinks so. That's awesome since I rarely see them!
    Shot one that a friend had with a $400 CZ 22 kit: I liked it.
    I liked it better than an Advantage Arms 22 Kit I had on a Glock 26: wasn't accurate enough compared to me other .22LRs to bother with, and I learned I liked a dedicated platform better anyway.

Anytime the G44 didn't fire off a round, it would when fed again to the point that I don't even bother with them anymore to see if it will fire 2nd time through it.

Interesting that you found the 44 to feel cheaper than the TX.
    I found them both to be way too light and toy-like.
    I heard others say that why get the G44 when the TX can be bought $100+ cheaper.
    I just never went down the road (like I usually do) after holding a TX in my hand (just seemed like the SW M&P Compact).
    After I got to fire a TX, I felt the same, and was glad I had the G44 for my "too-light" .22 w/no optics.
    It would be fun to get together sometime and put 200 rounds through each comparing them side by side to see if either would change their mind. :dunno:

My favorite part about the G44 is the magazines: best ever!
    I have had guns I hated b/c the magazines wouldn't load smoothly or they were impeding the chambering of a round b/c they were so tight.
    I have a GSG 1911-22 that has the nicest all-metal large magazines, which I think is ironic since some more expensive .22LRs I've had used hard to feed mags.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I need to get a 1911-22 for sure. Was actually something I was gonna grab this weekend but got these instead. The p17 feels the most toy like I believe but has functioned well and fits hand well. Like it more than I thought. This was first one I’ve seen in store so had to buy it. The tac sol 3.5” barrel upper was unique enough to catch my eye and came with tactical upper so I could run it suppressed as well.
    View attachment 88066

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I need to get a 1911-22 for sure. Was actually something I was gonna grab this weekend but got these instead.
    The p17 feels the most toy like I believe but has functioned well and fits hand well. Like it more than I thought. This was first one I’ve seen in store so had to buy it.
    The tac sol 3.5” barrel upper was unique enough to catch my eye and came with tactical upper so I could run it suppressed as well.
    View attachment 88066

I have had a few & recently bought the one back that I had 14 months ago & I'd never had the Colt/Walther 191-22, so I finally picked it up for a price I could live with.
    They are not that accurate & don't have adjustable rear sights (irritating), but I enjoy them as iron sights gun.
    The Colt does have windage adjustment, so that helps some.
    The GSG doesn't, which is odd since the are 2 holes in the top of the rear sights for what you'd think would be openings to get to Allen head screws.
    The sights are not the original ones.

I'm not interested in the P17 but the Kel-Tec CP33 22 Long Rifle 5.5in Black Pistol - 33+1 Rounds is something I could be interested in.
    Ran into a guy my age at the LGS that had one with no issue but I've stayed away from anything Kel-Tec b/c of reading how they are compromised in reliability.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    They do seem to be hit or miss. I’ve had a handful over the years never had a problem. Had a bad mag with mag but they swapped out for me in like three or four days. Not sure I’d carry a keltec ever but for range I’ve had good luck with them and enjoy them

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've had fairly good results with it and I think it does better than most bulk ammo. My go to .22LR ammo is CCI SV, but I still have a good amount of Aguila SV that I use on occasion.

My 10/22 likes the CCI Segment hp Quik Shok, Eley force, and Aguila Super Extra 40gr so far. I plan on testing more with my 10/22 and see how many I can find that it actually likes.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have read of "killing lollipops" on a CZ thread. :coffee:
    Certainly has to beat shooting bowling pins (from yard sales or Goodwill) at Camp Atturbury like friends used to do 30+ some yrs. ago.

A friend took me down to Crosley Gun Range 1.5 hrs. away, hidden in the countryside of N. Vernon b/c it was "free."
    He came upon a brilliant idea near the end of our 4 hours of shooting after I mentioned the lollipop killings I'd read about on INGO.
    We were using push pins (the kind with the "head" on them) to hold up our targets. :dunno:
    He said, "Lets see if you can hit those colored pins."
    We did, taking 2-4 shots to do so with my .22 rifles: RPR & 10/22 with Hawke & Nikon scopes. :rockwoot:

It was only 30 yds, just enough to wet the appetite. :ingo:

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Certainly has to beat shooting bowling pins (from yard sales or Goodwill) at Camp Atturbury like friends used to do 30+ some yrs. ago.

A friend took me down to Crosley Gun Range 1.5 hrs. away, hidden in the countryside of N. Vernon b/c it was "free."
    He came upon a brilliant idea near the end of our 4 hours of shooting after I mentioned the lollipop killings I'd read about on INGO.
    We were using push pins (the kind with the "head" on them) to hold up our targets. :dunno:
    We did, taking 2-4 shots to do so with my .22 rifles: RPR & 10/22 with Hawke & Nikon scopes. :rockwoot:

You get the idea. I don't know about the plastic push pins, but lollipops explode in a nice cloud of powdered sugar which is quite enjoyable feedback... ;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Lollipops provide two parts of fun. If you hit the candy portion, you get a little explosion, which is a rewarding visual effect. Then you can work on shooting what's left of the stem for even more marksmanship improvement.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You get the idea.
    I don't know about the plastic push pins, but lollipops explode in a nice cloud of powdered sugar which is quite enjoyable feedback... ;)

When I turn in my application to MCF&G hopefully on July 7th, I'll have to go to Sams & buy a bag of what used to be $.02 suckers I used to buy for my students until I stepped up to the Tootsie Pop suckers. :lmfao:
    The explosion would be better than the head of the push pins disappearing, b/c I can hardly see it I hit it or not. :oldwise:

Lollipops provide two parts of fun.
    If you hit the candy portion, you get a little explosion, which is a rewarding visual effect.
    Then you can work on shooting what's left of the stem for even more marksmanship improvement.

There is always another level. :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Lollipops provide two parts of fun. If you hit the candy portion, you get a little explosion, which is a rewarding visual effect. Then you can work on shooting what's left of the stem for even more marksmanship improvement.

Very true. For the few that can hit the stick... on purpose... :):

When I turn in my application to MCF&G hopefully on July 7th, I'll have to go to Sams & buy a bag of what used to be $.02 suckers I used to buy for my students until I stepped up to the Tootsie Pop suckers. :lmfao:
    The explosion would be better than the head of the push pins disappearing, b/c I can hardly see it I hit it or not. :oldwise:

There is always another level. :laugh:

Be careful at MCF&G. There are certain people there who will have a cow over shooting a couple of lollipops. I only shoot them when no one else is around and make sure I police up all the wrappers and sticks so that there's no reason for anyone to have a conniption. I rarely shoot more than a half dozen or so at that range. Thankfully I know plenty of members of Hoosier Hills to invite me out for a day and who don't care if we shoot lollipops all day long.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My father-in-law picked up a TX-22 and I was able to try it out yesterday. Felt great. Nice trigger. But it had a little issue. It was shooting about 8" high at 10 yards. Adjusted the rear sight down as far as I could. It was already down.

We'll I started looking at it closer. The rear sight was loose and it wasn't even down on the slide. So after finding the right screw driver, I completely removed it and reinstalled it back. Much better. I didn't get a chance to attempt to split a playing card as it was after 9:00pm and the light was fading fast

But overall, I was impressed. But I still think I prefer our full size S&W.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I bought a TX-22 a few months ago for a cheap silencer host.

While it shoots ok, looking down the barrel with magnification reveals the roughest machining job I have ever seen in a firearm. Down right crudely done.

Top Bottom