• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SledAgent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    To start off I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area still trying to figure things out here.
    I'm trying to mount a scope and I need some advice on what Rings and height you guys think would work on my 308 DPMS SASS{I have the 30mm Vortex rings are made by Seekins that is 1.26in and that to small for me that I have already purchases few days ago they need to be about a1/2" taller I thought about putting Riser blocks but was told I was taking away from the quality of the rings I was also looking at the cantilevering mount from vortex but the girl in customer service said my 4" eye relief would not work with it I think that was not true} Also tips on how to make sure my cross hair are properly align and pointers on how to be sure I got the eye relief correct.
    thanks you. with out purchasing a $100.00 kit.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    To start off I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area still trying to figure things out here.
    I'm trying to mount a scope and I need some advice on what Rings and height you guys think would work on my 308 DPMS SASS{I have the 30mm Vortex rings are made by Seekins that is 1.26in and that to small for me that I have already purchases few days ago they need to be about a1/2" taller I thought about putting Riser blocks but was told I was taking away from the quality of the rings I was also looking at the cantilevering mount from vortex but the girl in customer service said my 4" eye relief would not work with it I think that was not true} Also tips on how to make sure my cross hair are properly align and pointers on how to be sure I got the eye relief correct.
    thanks you. with out purchasing a $100.00 kit.

the lady at vortex was wrong. the 2 inch ofset is for scopes with up to 4 or less eye relief
    Vortex Optics - Cantilever QR Ring Mounts 2-Inch Offset

the 3 inch model is bade for scopes with 4 inches or more.
    Vortex Optics - Cantilever QR Ring Mounts 3-Inch Offset

in all reality either will probably work

welcome to the site bud

Top Bottom