• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For years now, we've been blasting Republican politicians for being RINO's. You know, Republican In Name Only. As the amount of RINO's grow in the party, we have to ask ourselves, are they Republicans In Name Only or are they the true face of the party now?

The various threads on here about the American flag have made me think of a new name for many Americans. Patriots In Name Only or PINO's. How many of us are willing to sacrifice parts of or all of our liberties in the name of safety, wealth, what have you? But then we want to draw a line when it comes to taking away our flag? If that's our line, we've lost the battle long ago. When our liberties are gone, the flag isn't going to bring them back.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like any dc organization the loyalty lies with money and power. Follow that trail to find the direction they are going.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    First, who is even a patriot in name? The difference would be that the Republican Party has a platform and one should be safe to assume that a Republican candidate would ascribe to at least some of the platform. Patriotism is more loosely defined.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would define patriotism as a tireless journey for liberty. We don't fight for liberty when we....

Vote for politicians who fight for our pensions at the expense for others.

Vote for politicians who take from our children and grandchildren to pay our social security checks.

Call for laws and regulations to limit the freedoms of others.

These are just a dew things of a list of many. We as Americans aren't worthy of licking the horse poo off of Paul Revere's boots but we have the arrogance to call ourselves Americans and patriots. We are selling our children and grandchildren into slavery to pay for our waste and welfare. Our founding fathers cared more for their posterity than themselves. Our generations demand their government crack and don't care that our posterity will suffer for it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Lobo,

You think you have me pegged but you're wrong. I used to get worked up over this crap and follow all the news. Since reading Atlas Shrugged, I've given up caring as I now know that there is no hope for this country. There are way too many welfare queens grabbing for their government rock of crack to ever return to what our fore fathers gave us. The point of this thread is calling out the outrage over our flag being taken away, taken down, desecrated, etc all the while ignoring or participating in what is destroying this country. If a few patriots did try to take a stand, many on this board would ridicule them as being wackos. You see, I've gone Galt with this as well. If you don't care about your liberties, I don't either. I'm content with where I'm at. Have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    You know, I've seen the pics of your beautiful home that you have posted on INGO. You seem to be making a decent living. You're obviously enjoying the many blessings of our nation, despite the fact that it has some flaws. (Just like any other nation.) For someone who is so blessed, you really seem to be the biggest downer on this board. Everything, every day, is doom and gloom for you.

Jesus Christ, man, get some medication or something. Don't you have family or friends to devote yourself to on this Christmas day, instead of posting this wrist-cutting drivel? Damn, man....I'm not even religious, but I think I'm going to light a candle for you.

I hope you don't subject your family to this crap.

some people have no apprecation for the liberty that you and I fight to protect every day.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    First, who is even a patriot in name? The difference would be that the Republican Party has a platform and one should be safe to assume that a Republican candidate would ascribe to at least some of the platform. Patriotism is more loosely defined.
    Patriot in name would be someone who told people who disagreed with them to gtfo of the country a few years ago, but are now *****ing about the country themselves.

Orrrrr someone who talks constitution this and that, but wants to pick and choose with rights we have. 2nd strictly and 1st so long as we're not burning flags. etc.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Patriot in name would be someone who told people who disagreed with them to gtfo of the country a few years ago, but are now *****ing about the country themselves.

Orrrrr someone who talks constitution this and that, but wants to pick and choose with rights we have. 2nd strictly and 1st so long as we're not burning flags. etc.

Or it could be one mans patriot is another mans conspirator?

I think the forefathers blessed us. they sacrificed themselves not knowing if they would win the day or hang and be demonized in the Kings land.

what is wrong with picking and choosing policies if its the will of the people?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Or it could be one mans patriot is another mans conspirator?

I think the forefathers blessed us. they sacrificed themselves not knowing if they would win the day or hang and be demonized in the Kings land.

what is wrong with picking and choosing policies if its the will of the people?

A man's natural rights are not subject to the will of the masses. I have a right to live regardless of the percentage of people who want me dead.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Here's my perspective (from China) in Chinese the word for patriot (爱国者) and patriotism (爱国主义) are constructed around the characters 爱国(Literally: to Love a/one's Country) I think that pretty much sums it up for me.

I love this country. I love it's freedoms and sometimes its people. But sometimes not so much on the latter.

Top Bottom