• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That doesn't matter. In the US, if 20% vote, the leaders still take action on behalf of 100% of the population no matter how many people LIKE the actions they take.

And did those people vote?
    No, they didn't.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Whoopsie, I hear on todays news, on my way in to work that Person/Persons Unknown "allegedly" spilled some type of paint substance upon said road art, I would like to get an Amish Day parade going, and some "Road Apple" decorations down there.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Anybody know of a local shop that installs these?...

flamethrower-anti-hijack.jpg

Asking for a friend.:whistle:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did you read the rest of my posts?
    Where I was talking about the council voting?

Your mindset appears to revolve around "we the people didnt vote for it, so it is vandalism.". But those with the power to grant permission *DID* vote to approve it. And it was well within the boundaries of everything, so your premise of vandalism is wrong.

And if you really want to get down to brass tacks, what does this have to do with you? Its Indianapolis and you arent here to have a say anyway. You dont live here, dont pay local taxes, etc. so its not even "your" street! :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Your mindset appears to revolve around "we the people didnt vote for it, so it is vandalism.". But those with the power to grant permission *DID* vote to approve it. And it was well within the boundaries of everything, so your premise of vandalism is wrong.

And if you really want to get down to brass tacks, what does this have to do with you? Its Indianapolis and you arent here to have a say anyway. You dont live here, dont pay local taxes, etc. so its not even "your" street! :):

No.
    My mindset was, no one voted on it.
    Then I was corrected, that the council voted.
    I made note of that in post 103, after reading post 102.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The photo in that post lacks context. Why was the driver there? Why was the woman standing in front of him? Why did she feel compelled to hold at low ready? What actions (by both parties) preceded the photo?

Making judgments without that information is just speculation.

Why was the driver there? The driver was driving on a public roadway, where he had the right to be.

Why was the [man] standing in front of him? The man was standing unlawfully in the roadway, unlawfully failing to walk on the sidewalk or edge/shoulder of the roadway and unlawfully failing to yield right-of-way to motor vehicles.

Why did [he] fell compelled to hold at low ready? Irrelevant, insofar as having a drawn handgun is not justified by any reasonable threat or fear of unlawful activity, and represents a use of force that constitutes criminal confinement of the motorist.

What actions (by both parties) preceded the photo? Driver was lawfully driving on the public roadway. Pedestrians were unlawfully walking in the roadway and unlawfully impeding the lawful movement of motor vehicles in the roadway. The driver attempted to find a clear path through the pedestrians, and said pedestrians continued to move intentionally to impede the movement of the driver.

A better question: what possible context could possibly justify the actions of the gunman (that's the term the media likes to use, I believe)?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The news stated, they were there to keep people from defacing the mural on the road.

Different photo, different persons, different context.

The OP (and LP1's questions) refer to an incident during the day in which pedestrians unlawfully in the street criminally confined a lawful motorist by pointing handguns at the motorist. I think you're referring to the photo of the "security" team "protecting" (with rifles) the BLM "mural" with which a different public roadway was defaced.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, since the mural was painted with the express permission of the owner of the asphalt, its not vandalism. Tacky, and unwanted by many, but not vandalism.

Would not the "owner of the asphalt" be the tax-paying public? Was this a private street, and I somehow missed that detail?

Top Bottom