• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Today marks four weeks that I have been stuck in the hospital and it's getting old.

I woke up four Sundays ago coughing and shaking uncontrollably. Had to be taken to hospital by ambulance because I couldn't walk to the car. At the hospital, I had a 103° fever. Between the fever, the flu, and the shakes, I had a minor heart attack (previous health problems).

The local hospital sent me to IU Methodist to care for me and hopefully get me on lung transplant list. My ongoing health issues are severe and I had just started all the medical work up to be put on the list.

I was put on the transplant list a little over two weeks ago. The doctors will not let me go home until after a transplant because my heart is in bad shape (enlarged). With new lungs, the Dr said my heart would shrink back to normal size within a few days. That amazes me.

This place kind of makes me feel like a dog. They feed me, water me, take me to the bathroom and if I'm really good, they take me for a walk.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm sorry to hear of this. I hope you can get your transplant soon.

Best wishes and prayers for you and your family, RGriff.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Damn, that sucks Griff. I hope they get you fixed up fast. I'm at Community North hospital in the ER right now. My girlfriend's brother has appendicitis. I'm already bored. I can't imagine how you feel. If we were down at IU I'd be happy to come play chess or something with ya.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I'm happy I get to watch the race today. I didn't get to watch any of the races on Fox Sports 1 because they don't have that channel here. Sure seems funny watching a race and not being able to have a beer...lol.

On a plus side, I have lost over 25lbs since I came into hospital.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yikes! I hate hospitals, I don't even like making deliveries to one.

Good luck man, I hope you have a full recovery and get the heck out of there!

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I know how boring it is in hospitals. My wife and I have spent many, many, too many weeks in hospitals with our children. Agent Orange. Watching TV by having to look up almost to the ceiling, all the noise at night and having nurses coming in to get blood work in the middle of the night, sleeping on very uncomfortable cots, getting used to a nurse just to have him or her replaced by a new nurse, hospital food ,etc., etc. BUT God bless them all!! Prayers to you and I hope you go home soon.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hope your name comes up really soon on the list. Prayers sent your way, 4 days would drive me nuts, I can't imagine 4 weeks???

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If you need a visitor PM me a phone number and I will call and set up a time. I can bring some board games, or a deck of cards.... or hell we could just share photo's and tell stories for all i care.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Get well soon and you're on my Prayer List now. I have to write it down or I forget but you're on it now. Best wishes and be blessed.
    Not much going on in sports right now so your timing isn't too bad.
    How's the nurses look? That's how I judge a hospital stay. Good looking nurses and I always take longer to heal up.....

Top Bottom