• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Personally, I will never have much confidence in predicting what a jury will do. It's like the butterfly effect. Maybe in hindsight you can work out which wing flap caused the hurricane, but ahead of time you've no idea what variables are mashing in to each other in their heads and conversations.

Sanest course of action.

Remember, if you guys have not been in a Media trial, it gets VERY strange. Strangest one I was in was the Purdue school shooter case where I listened to a recording of the trial . . . from an RoC website in bad English. The problem is . . . there was no trial.

Yet, somehow, they got my voice right.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have done some media trials from the civil side.

One gets brought up on Dateline every so often...I always know because I get a call asking for comment every time.

Anyhoo, those are weird, but I can't really predict exactly what a jury will seize on in any case, media or not.

I am frequently amazed and shocked about what a jury finds significant that neither side did. You do your best to come up with arguments, and techniques to present the arguments, that you think will resonate, then you go for it. Sometimes you miss badly.

Word to the wise- never try to influence a Region jury by analogizing medical record keeping to pointillism...even when you have pictures and explain what it is. I was young, dumb and tired. I still hold the record at my former firm for highest verdict against.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

One gets brought up on Dateline every so often...I always know because I get a call asking for comment every time.

Anyhoo, those are weird, but I can't really predict exactly what a jury will seize on in any case, media or not.

I am frequently amazed and shocked about what a jury finds significant that neither side did. You do your best to come up with arguments, and techniques to present the arguments, that you think will resonate, then you go for it. Sometimes you miss badly.

Word to the wise- never try to influence a Region jury by analogizing medical record keeping to pointillism...even when you have pictures and explain what it is. I was young, dumb and tired. I still hold the record at my former firm for highest verdict against.
    At least you have not been in a trial that did not take place.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    • First degree Reckless Homicide - Not Guilty
    • First degree recklessly endangering safety - Not Guilty
    • First degree intentional homicide - Not Guilty
    • Attempted first degree intentional homicide - Not Guilty
    • First degree recklessly endangering homicide - Not Guilty
    • Possession of a dangerous weapon by someone under 18 - Guilty
    • Failure to comply with a state order - Guilty
    That's my assumptions. You gun nuts that think he's going to get off completely free are out of your mind. This isn't your grandpappy's country anymore.
    Wait a minute...so now my gun has 'nuts'?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Boomer humor
    You bet ! .... my gun nuts are painfully blue. :@ya:

i-ZDwMD3R-XL.jpg

NewPerson556

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    here
    • First degree Reckless Homicide - Not Guilty
    • First degree recklessly endangering safety - Not Guilty
    • First degree intentional homicide - Not Guilty
    • Attempted first degree intentional homicide - Not Guilty
    • First degree recklessly endangering homicide - Not Guilty
    • Possession of a dangerous weapon by someone under 18 - Guilty
    • Failure to comply with a state order - Guilty
    That's my assumptions. You gun nuts that think he's going to get off completely free are out of your mind. This isn't your grandpappys country anymore.
    how can a juvenile be tried as an adult for a charge that is a violation of the law for not being an adult?

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side

boy howdy, if i had a nickel for every time i analogized medical record keeping to pointillism!

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Pretty damning day for the prosecution, both their star witnesses basically gave testimony in support of self defense.

Preview

Full day summary and analysis by self defense attorney

Top Bottom