• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you want the RK types price you should live with their policies on gun handling and the staff that has little knowledge of guns.

If you want knowledge and education on the gun as well as time handling, you should buy from the LGS.

This ain’t my first rodeo on this topic and the whole shopping excuse is just that, an excuse. For all the blather on INGO about markets and using one’s money to speak to and teach the corporations here is a place it actually would work, don’t buy from sources that don’t have handling and education, they will either respond with change, ignore it because it is not enough to bother them, or get out. But no, they are the cheapest, and many equate that with best.
    Just exactly what kind of “education” do you need at a gun shop to buy a gun? I don’t know of anything, other than how the gun feels in my hand, that I can’t learn about on the internet.

Also, why do you hate freedom and capitalism?

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Like others, I buy from RK for the price savings and do my research online. Last time I was in the Greenwood store, I was waited on my a 20+ year IMPD officer working a weekend shift. He was nice and shared some work stories. Heck, he might be on here...

Mike

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been to the wrong LGS's I guess. I can't recall the last time I was in a shop where a knowledgeable employee could really help me.

Plainfield Sports? Nope. But I have purchased 3 guns from them over the years. Why? He had the best price.

Shoot Point Blank? Nope. But I have purchased a gun from them. Why? They had a good price.

Sportsman's Warehouse(or whatever the big box in Lafayette was)? Nope. But I purchased several firearms from them. Why? Best price.

Bud's Gun Shop(Lexington, KY)? Yes! They were very knowledgeable and I leaned on them for a lot of information which they were happy to give. Then I went home and ordered over $2000 worth of firearms. Why? Best price.

I primarily purchase online, but I always ask the host store that is processing the forms if they can come close to the price I am paying. In every instance they encourage me to buy it online as it's usually lower than their cost. They are happy to make the $20-30 processing the 4473 and making a sale on some periphery items.

I don't buy the cheapest. I buy the best for me for the lowest price I can get.

I think that's smart.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I primarily purchase online, but I always ask the host store that is processing the forms if they can come close to the price I am paying. In every instance they encourage me to buy it online as it's usually lower than their cost. They are happy to make the $20-30 processing the 4473 and making a sale on some periphery items.
    The owner of my lgs told me he’d make more of I transfer a gun I bought online than if I bought it from him, I said I can’t because you have the best price :lmfao: I do buy all my ammo from him and any accessories I might want.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just exactly what kind of “education” do you need at a gun shop to buy a gun? I don’t know of anything, other than how the gun feels in my hand, that I can’t learn about on the internet.

Also, why do you hate freedom and capitalism?
    Maybe I should have stayed with the research word the poster used instead of education, seems the same to me. The word is showrooming, the practice of visiting stores in order to examine a product before buying it elsewhere at a cheaper price, typically online but it also works in this case.

Abusing retailers is not capitalism though one has the freedom to do so. It is a loser move. Going to a Toro dealer to learn all about the product from trained sales staff, then buying at lowes because they are $50 cheaper on the mower is a loser move IMO.

So if one wants to feel the gun in their hand they should buy where they get that service and if one doesn’t need that buy from who you want. This topic started with those that did not like RK policies complaining about them, then posts that said do research before and then buy at RK because they are cheap.

Calling out loser moves is also a freedom…

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    ....with all this "getting educated" at the LGS. I recently stopped by a LGS to get some powder. Noticed a powder dispenser up on the top shelf over the counter. I asked the clerk if I could see it. He proceeded to get it down and just as quickly another guy walked over snatched it out of his hands mumbling something as he walked off. Not bothering to explain anything to the clerk or me? Only educating I got was don't bother to ask about anything. Paid for my powder and left.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Abusing retailers is not capitalism though one has the freedom to do so. It is a loser move. Going to a Toro dealer to learn all about the product from trained sales staff, then buying at lowes because they are $50 cheaper on the mower is a loser move IMO.
    I don't disagree with this. That is probably a very small percentage difference. Not near enough for me to walk away from a knowledgeable dealer.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not the one concerned over the color of my neighbor's mailbox, and how it might affect the value of my home.

"Me me me" indeed.
    Why can’t you allow others the freedom to enter into contracts they wish to? No one is forcing anyone to do anything they did not agree to do.

On the actual topic, you are free to be a loser and screw over small businesses, and I am calling you out on it.

Can anyone imagine the posts to this hypothetical story; at an INGO member meet, I showed xxxx member my Glock and explained how it worked, he felt it, worked it, dry fired it, then said, I think RK has it cheaper, I just buy it from them. Is that any different than what some are proposing here?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why can’t you allow others the freedom to enter into contracts they wish to? No one is forcing anyone to do anything they did not agree to do.

On the actual topic, you are free to be a loser and screw over small businesses, and I am calling you out on it.

Can anyone imagine the posts to this hypothetical story; at an INGO member meet, I showed xxxx member my Glock and explained how it worked, he felt it, worked it, dry fired it, then said, I think RK has it cheaper, I just buy it from them. Is that any different than what some are proposing here?
    No one is forcing anyone to run a gun shop with inflated prices, either. For someone who bleats so much about "freedom," you sure do have a problem with the free market.

I don't always buy from whoever has the lowest price, but if it's a significant enough difference, then hell yes I am going to go with the better price for the same product. I've saved as much as $100 on a pistol by buying it online, and that's after the transfer fee. I like the guys and gals at my local gun shop, but I'm not running a charity any more than they are.

So you can't differentiate between a business and a personal transaction between 2 INGO members? That doesn't surprise me. Just for future reference, being called a loser by a ****ing idiot is +1 karma in my book.

:):

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    This is what caught my attention.

He just uses RK as a source? He gets educated elsewhere, I cannot fathom that education does not include handling the firearms.
    Boy, you sure got some opinions and like to jump to conclusions dont ya? I should just ignore this and let you keep talking and make more of an arse out of yourself. But you've now quoted my post twice in a negative light and gone as far as calling me a loser all on your own assumption that I've done something you strongly disagree with. When I say "done my research" I am referring to actual use of said gun, as in shooting a friends to see how I like it, or reading and watching reviews on the internet. Of the few times (remember how my original post said a few times) I have bought from RK, two of those were hot items that werent available anywhere else at the moment, the original shield 9, and then my shield plus. In the case of the shield I didnt need to check the trigger feel cause I'd been carrying a full size gen 1 since it came out. I do plenty of business with local shops around here, so maybe come down off the high horse, go find a private spot, take your opinion and stick it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Boy, you sure got some opinions and like to jump to conclusions dont ya? I should just ignore this and let you keep talking and make more of an arse out of yourself. But you've now quoted my post twice in a negative light and gone as far as calling me a loser all on your own assumption that I've done something you strongly disagree with. When I say "done my research" I am referring to actual use of said gun, as in shooting a friends to see how I like it, or reading and watching reviews on the internet. Of the few times (remember how my original post said a few times) I have bought from RK, two of those were hot items that werent available anywhere else at the moment, the original shield 9, and then my shield plus. In the case of the shield I didnt need to check the trigger feel cause I'd been carrying a full size gen 1 since it came out. I do plenty of business with local shops around here, so maybe come down off the high horse, go find a private spot, take your opinion and stick it.
    I used your post as a starting point to make a point. I made it clearly. If you are not showrooming dealers then it was not directed at you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No one is forcing anyone to run a gun shop with inflated prices, either. For someone who bleats so much about "freedom," you sure do have a problem with the free market.

I don't always buy from whoever has the lowest price, but if it's a significant enough difference, then hell yes I am going to go with the better price for the same product. I've saved as much as $100 on a pistol by buying it online, and that's after the transfer fee. I like the guys and gals at my local gun shop, but I'm not running a charity any more than they are.

So you can't differentiate between a business and a personal transaction between 2 INGO members? That doesn't surprise me. Just for future reference, being called a loser by a ****ing idiot is +1 karma in my book.

:):
    You must be showrooming LGS all the time to get so butt hurt on this. LOL. Actually loser was not the word that comes to mind, but this is a family rated site, for the record…

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    You must be showrooming LGS all the time to get so butt hurt on this. LOL. Actually loser was not the word that comes to mind, but this is a family rated site, for the record…
    You have an interesting philosophy. Where do you draw the line between “showrooming is ok” vs. “showrooming is not ok”? Size of the business, LGS’s only, spent more than 5 minutes looking and/or asking 3 or more questions of the more expensive business, something else? If I want to test drive a vehicle, I’ll go to the closest dealer I can, but if he refuses to get within $2000 of the price of a car dealer 50 miles away, I won’t feel bad at all buying from the cheaper dealer even if that can be considered showrooming.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    I've bought a half dozen from them over the years, never an issue and they stopped walking me out on the last couple.

Top Bottom