• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I already searched the site and all the threads mentioning the RMR-30 are 2011, some of which complaining about paying .16 cents a round to shoot, hehe.

Does anyone have any valid insight to the current state of affairs regarding this .22 mag carbine? Any industry gossip leaking from Kel Tec?

Personally, I've written Kel Tec regarding the PMR30. My question was if they would still distribute the pistol after magazine ban legislation was passed. They said they'd do so but with a 10 round mag. My next question was never responded to. "...will a design change negate the use of 30 round mags?".

After all, designers of The AR platform arent going to redesign them to only accept 10 rounders, it would be a huge waste of money for them. Whether the RMR30 is released with 10 rounders or not isnt my concern as I already own 30 round mags to fit it. Unless of course theyre holding up production to redesign the mag well to be propietary.

Opinions?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    :rofl:

Please don't take this personally, but KelTec is a prototype company that accidentally lets some guns slip into the wild. Don't expect much from KelTec and you won't be disappointed.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana

Please don't take this personally, but KelTec is a prototype company that accidentally lets some guns slip into the wild. Don't expect much from KelTec and you won't be disappointed.

I've already heard all the smack on the company before. I still would like to get my hands on one soooo........anyone with some beneficial info?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I've already heard all the smack on the company before. I still would like to get my hands on one soooo........anyone with some beneficial info?
    Like you I have been waiting to see the release of the RMR-30 from the begining and now on FB, Kel-Tec has stated with the upcoming ban, the RMR is on hold as this rifle may be banned. :dunno:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

lol

RMR WOULD be awesome... I'd totally buy one. But of course... I would totally buy a PMR (If I could find one at a reasonable price) and a KSG (If I could find one at a reasonable price) and I'd even look at an RFB (If I could find one at a reasonable price)...

and provided they all don't get banned.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Well to answer my own question, its been stated on keltecs facebook page that they're holding off production til they see what happens. I say they should go ahead and put them into production with 10 round mags and if all is well start selling 30 round mags again. Whats the difference between a 10 round rmr30 and 10 round 10/22. Looks are everything with this current witch hunt unfortunately.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Just saw the RMR for the first time. I didnt even know it existed. Looks pretty cool. I would imagine they wouldn't change the design of the gun, just the design of the mag. After all, they will still most likely be offering high caps for the LE community, just like it was in the last ban.

Unfortunately it is probably just vaporware, like the KSG amd the PMR. You'll have to be extra lucky to find one and it be reasonably priced. Would be cool to see a video and your review if you do get one.

Top Bottom