• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    Do you offer a "how to hunt, 101" class? The wife informed me tonight that she wants to learn to hunt and start going camping, minus the RV. She wants us to have outdoor activities that we can do together. Time to start planning and learning for next fall!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Do you offer a "how to hunt, 101" class? The wife informed me tonight that she wants to learn to hunt and start going camping, minus the RV. She wants us to have outdoor activities that we can do together. Time to start planning and learning for next fall!

sure do zach. You sit in the woods til you see a deer. then you shoot it behind the shoulder blade, or at any angle which would allow the bullet to pass through the area between the shoulder blades. then you gut it, and take it to redneckmedic for butchering.

thats not free advice by the way, you owe me 37.50

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    This is the 30th year we have done at least one deer. When the kids were small, 5 of them, and I was the only one working, we were on the country road kill list. One year, we did 8! I field dressed them at the wreck usually, then brought them home, skinned and quartered them and carried them inside for the kiddos and wife to cut into usable size stuff. Pretty much fillet the things. Had an old electric meat grinder and made burger. Now we have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with the meat grinding attachment. That thing is the cat's meow! Seriously!

Neck roast, shoulder roasts and one rump roast are about all we do now. Cut the rest into small steaks with no bones or stew meat.

The last two we got, this year, were shot though! ;)

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    p.s. One thing about DIY butchering: If you do mess it up, and I am not sure how you could ever do that, no one will know it but you and the folks you have to dinner that night! hahaha :D

zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    sure do zach. You sit in the woods til you see a deer. then you shoot it behind the shoulder blade, or at any angle which would allow the bullet to pass through the area between the shoulder blades. then you gut it, and take it to redneckmedic for butchering.

thats not free advice by the way, you owe me 37.50

Thanks Nick. I'll make sure add that to the holiday pay I'm going to be owing you!

With that kind of advice, I don't understand why every hunter doesn't get a deer anytime they walk out into the woods!;)

Wolfe28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Notice/lead time?

How much notice or lead time do you need for the processing class?

Thanks,
    D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    How much notice or lead time do you need for the processing class?

Thanks,
    D

You provide the deer and we'll pick a day. The nice thing about this time of year is we don't have to rush to get it skinned and cut.

PM me if you kill one... come over, we'll skin it, de-bone it, roast/steak/grind it!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i swear if i ever get to shoot a deer and happen to have the time, i'm going to bring it out your way. every time i get one i'm either up in elkhart county or i shoot one in the evening and can't get away from work so i always windup taking it to archers in fishers.

Top Bottom