• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Not generalizing here but sometimes I wonder. Apparently the county has some funds that needed to be spent on road work, their solution was to layer a top coat to a perfectly good road. No cracks, no deviations, etc. long story short they were paving to road to our peninsula, a couple of the workers were blocking our drive, when my wife was trying to get home. Apparently mr Einstein thought it was a good idea to tell my wife that she can not get through and she will have to go around. She try’s telling them that look you guys are half in the road and half in my driveway. Miss you can not go that way again she points look you are blocking my drive way and that is my house, again ma’am you are going to have to go around.

So I am on my way home and about 3 minutes out when I get a text from her, not a happy camper! Oddly enough when I approach the curve traffic is stopped from the opposing road both trucks are immediately moved and with out delay I am waved right through and given a wide berth. Long story short all of a sudden they could not be more apologetic!

I wonder if sometimes in the South women are not given any respect. But then again when the overhead lights come on people may or may not move over. But by gosh let a funeral precession go by and they are just about getting on the side walks to get out of the way!

Rant off

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The way it was explained to me was a Yankee was someone from the north that visited the south and a Damn Yankee was one that came and stayed, lol.
    I heard some guy on American Pickers say, "Yankees are like hemorrhoids. If they come down and go back up, no problem. If they come down and stay down, that's a problem."

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The way it was explained to me was a Yankee was someone from the north that visited the south and a Damn Yankee was one that came and stayed, lol.
    I was a Damn Yankee when I lived in SC for 5 years. I’m back to being a Yankee.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I've heard or been called a Yankee for the better part of my life, guess I have thick skin, because I've never took it personal or found it derogatory.
    My mother's side was all from the Lexington Ky. area and we visited almost annually. I was sent to basic training in Ft. McClellan Al. and I have since spent a good amount of time in the south (army, vacation, work, ect.) and have never felt more at home than where I'm at right now.

And wcd is right, let a funeral roll through anywhere in Tennessee and every car turns into a 4wd getting off the road, lmao.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Talking to a neighbor lady one day and she asked me if I was local and I said no I'm from down south. She responded that she was a southern girl too so I asked her where she was from. She replied "Bloomington". :lmfao:

Well, there is one in Kentucky and one in N. Carolina, so ...

I'm guessing I'd prefer either one to the IN version.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    That's horse crap. Just another day at the office for the preacher and the undertaker. Stay outta their way if you can but don't stop traffic for it unless they're turning into the cemetary across your lane.
    Exactly when the lights go on it’s for a reason, and there can be life altering consequences for such stupidity.

Top Bottom