• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Not arguing, merely pointing out the [STRIKE]stupidity[/STRIKE], um, lower-level logic that necessarily accompanies some of the comments by giving an example of it myself. You know, reduce it to the extreme/ridiculous.

Lots of "He shoulda done this" and "I'd have done that." ALL of which are completely irrelevant and pointless since the commenter wasn't there and doesn't have all the information, nor was he in the situation at the time. (I mean, doesn't it strike you as utterly contradictory that we don't have enough information to determine who was the aggressor, but in the same thread with the same available information, there's enough information to know that this or that person made a wrong/right decision? How does that work, excatly?) It's easy to be the internet commando when you have the luxury of second-guessing someone else from the comfort of your own home not having been in the situation. Even being in a similar situation wouldn't be enough. The circumstances are always different, and different people are always prioritizing those circumstances differently. No one knows for sure what they would do in that situation.

I'm all for debriefing by proxy on the hypothetical level. But INGO has a nasty habit of blurring that line.

Like I said, it is easy to armchair quarterback this thing. So we are in agreement. But this is an internet forum, and everyone is going to infer stories differently and post about it. It is the nature of the beast.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are two fairly clear conclusions to be had;
    1. If you pull over to let someone by and they follow, get the hell out of Dodge.
    2. Never approach another vehicle to discuss issues you have had with their driving.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Incredibly stupid on both their parts! Everyone seems to think they should be able to control the other person and have their own way at the same time! What ever happened to courtesy and patience (both make up parts of maturity)? Ahhhhh....maybe that IS the problem?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I hope one had a 9mm and the other a .45------ to bring that stupid argument to an end, just saying.

Ha...if one did have a 9mm and the other a .45...it does bring that stupid arguement to an end!

As an EMT of 21 years...I've known of individuals who lived through two (2) .45's to the chest (each missed the heart by less than 1") and have a single 9mm round cause instant death!

Don't get me wrong...I'm a big believer in 'bigger is better' and that, in theory, a .45 is a better up-close-n-personal self-defense round...however, when guns are fired...anything can happen!

Personally, I prefer anything that has a 3, a 5, and a 7 on it...in that order!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    This perfect storm of stupidity is no doubt being celebrated with champagne toasts and their standard "See..SEE..SEE??!? Told 'ya so!!!?!"-happy-tap-dance-in-the-blood-of-the-deceased at the Brady bunch office. After 30+ years of making the gratuitious ASSertion...they *finally* have their *ONE* incident of licensed CCW-ers having a "wild west" shootout over a traffic dispute. :rolleyes:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I'm not sure whether this is really what "journalism" is these days. Maybe it's always been like this.

Don't you have journalist friends? They are under pressure to produce, sometimes multiple stories per day. They have maybe an hour or two to do the research, often on things they don't know very much about. That's not very much time to get the facts straight. They often have to pry information out of people whose very job is to lie and prevent information from leaking. (These are called "spokesmen.") They are under pressure to produce stories that sell, and stories that sell tend to be the ones that appeal to the lowest common denominator. Now they're also competing against bloggers and other online activities with no standards, and no standards means an even larger readership. So journalists make even less than before.

Now, throw guns into that mix. If the reporter isn't familiar with guns already, how can he tell a Glock from a machine gun?

Here is the Merriam-Webster Dictionary's definition:
    Journalism:
    a : the collection and editing of news for presentation through the media
    b : the public press
    c : an academic study concerned with the collection and editing of news or the management of a news medium

a : writing designed for publication in a newspaper or magazine
    b : writing characterized by a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation
    c : writing designed to appeal to current popular taste or public interest

I feel that the problem with Journalism nowadays is that 2c has caused Journalists to forget about 2b.

To me, 2b is the MOST important part about what journalism actually is....FACTS without INTERPRETATION (opinions).

It seems that it has now become acceptable for many Journalist's to use their opinion's (or political beliefs) to push or slant stories for whatever reason and I find that unacceptable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This perfect storm of stupidity is no doubt being celebrated with champagne toasts and their standard "See..SEE..SEE??!? Told 'ya so!!!?!"-happy-tap-dance-in-the-blood-of-the-deceased at the Brady bunch office. After 30+ years of making the gratuitious ASSertion...they *finally* have their *ONE* incident of licensed CCW-ers having a "wild west" shootout over a traffic dispute. :rolleyes:

Good point! This is the "blood running down the streets" that the anti's are looking for.

In this real world of our's, it certainly points out that having a bit of self-defense training could literally save your life.

Top Bottom