• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    This is not a cop bashing thread. It is fortunate that this didn't end quite differently.

"What our investigation is saying, is that we don't believe that the officer had justification for making the arrest at all."

Summary:

1. Dumb driver rolled down window as he drove past a traffic stop and shouted, "Road rage sucks!"

2. Short tempered cop cuts short his traffic stop, finds driver, allegedly throws him to the ground and arrests him. Cop alleges drives appeared mentally unstable and cited him for failing to devote his attention to the road.

3. Driver released at scene.

4. Cop is suspended and charged with battery, pending results of investigation.

Oklahoma Officer Charged With Assault After Road-Rage Fueled Arrest

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This can be a cop basing thread, only if it's also a cop kudos thread...

Kut (thinks there are two types of officers involved in this)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Oh I wish I was an Oklahoma trooper
    That is what I'd truly love to bee-eee-eee
    'Cause if I was an Oklahoma trooper
    I could ride 200 legally. ;)

Busayukon_zpsec751beb.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw on tv years ago a police department with a few sport bikes, a hayabusa specifically! Guess they got them on drug raids, or something if I remember correctly that was the story told

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Let's see...... I drive past a guy who I don't know at all, a guy who I DO know has a potentially stressful job, and then take it upon myself to antagonize him by inserting myself into his business......... And all I got was a ticket? How about taunting an officer? how about obstruction of an officer? those aren't tickets......... Those are real charges that would stick. It's lucky that the cop got so mad, If he had been thinking coolly the guy would be jammed up in court.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not so sure. The courts have already upheld flipping a cop the bird as protected 1st Amendment speech. I think "Road rage sucks!" yelled at a road raging cop would also be protected. It would be the persistent yelling at a cop which prevents him from doing anything at all, including legitimate traffic citations that rises to the level of obstruction.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Let's see...... I drive past a guy who I don't know at all, a guy who I DO know has a potentially stressful job, and then take it upon myself to antagonize him by inserting myself into his business......... And all I got was a ticket? How about taunting an officer? how about obstruction of an officer? those aren't tickets......... Those are real charges that would stick. It's lucky that the cop got so mad, If he had been thinking coolly the guy would be jammed up in court.

Fortunately we still have the freedom to hold our supposed masters in contempt.... either mentally or verbally.

"taunting an officer"? That's a new one. "I say sir, you have doughnut sugar on your chin."

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton

Please quote the code making taunting an officer a "real charge".

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Because the whole concept of probable cause for arrest is contingent on the officer's attitude at the moment?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Taunting!? Is that a misdemeanor or a felony?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Please quote the code making taunting an officer a "real charge".

Taunting!? Is that a misdemeanor or a felony?

To answer these questions I would have to go back and review my criminal record to see what the actual code citations were. There was also "Disorderly conduct" and "Intimidation" and "interfering with an officer in the line of duty" to fill out the laundry list against me.

Because the whole concept of probable cause for arrest is contingent on the officer's attitude at the moment?

^^^^^^ Here you go........ What's illegal is what an officer TELLS YOU is illegal while he has a weapon pressed against your head. There are several trumped-up bulls**t charges that they use as a matter of course to teach a "citizen" (or in cop-speak, "turd") his place. The only reason the superior officer went against the arresting officer is because he lost his head and roughed-up the "turd" physically on the street where EVERYBODY could see it. If he had quietly took the citizen into custody and put him in the back of his car, the citizen would have had his time behind bars and in court. (Hmmmmm, like I did)

edit- Oh!!! How could I forget the ubiquitous and ever threatening, RESISTING ARREST!!!! I LOVE that one, how ever did I forget?

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    On paper, sure....... As a practical reality? As applicable in the REAL world? Not so much. Better have video..... Just saying.

Video isn't quite good enough anymore.... you need video with live streaming so that when they take the phone and erase the video enough of it has still been archived on the 'net.

Top Bottom