Road trip! How's the bridge at Lawrenceburg?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I have to drive to an area of Kentucky south of Lawrenceburg in a couple of weeks. The plan has us coming down I-74 to 275 and across the Ohio.

Any crazy construction or bridge funny business going on down that way?

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    The bridge is down to one lane in each direction. If you cross it at non rush hour times, you shouldn't have any issues. Rush hour can see 3-6 mile backups. During rush hour, it seems that someone always volunteers to rear end the vehicle in front of them so that everyone else can enjoy the view of the river. As my youngest daughter loves to say, "YOU HAVE ONE JOB. DON'T HIT THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU". I wish everyone would get it like she does. I drive a semi (tanker) and cross it on a regular basis and I can't wait for the construction to finish.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The bridge is down to one lane in each direction. If you cross it at non rush hour times, you shouldn't have any issues. Rush hour can see 3-6 mile backups. During rush hour, it seems that someone always volunteers to rear end the vehicle in front of them so that everyone else can enjoy the view of the river. As my youngest daughter loves to say, "YOU HAVE ONE JOB. DON'T HIT THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU". I wish everyone would get it like she does. I drive a semi (tanker) and cross it on a regular basis and I can't wait for the construction to finish.

Thanks, fella!

I will be going across it about 7 am on a Sunday morning, so I am hoping that I won't see much of the river! ;)

My other option would be to go through Cincy and cross there. Any thoughts on this option or should I be OK that early on a Sunday?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We went through there the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, around 10:00am, and went back across at about 2:00 pm, traffic was extremely light, no issues either direction, but yeah, somebody has a problem on the bridge, you'll be parked for awhile.

Top Bottom