• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    My cousin and I were installing a boiler at a house in East Chicago on Thursday, at about 10AM we went out to the work van to get some tools and two black guys walked up to us and asked if we had change for a $20. We both said no, and one of them pulled out a Glock, racked the slide, and told us to give them everything in our wallets. We did and they said, "don't call the police because we know where you're at, have a nice day". They started walking away, got about half a block away and turned back around and started coming back. I drew my SW1911, told them to stop and fired one round. It looked like he still had the gun in his hand so I fired another round, and they took off around the side of the building, and my cousin and I took off around the other side because my grandpa (who we're working for) was in the front of the building. I got up there just as the second guy did (I guess the first one already got across the street), and told him again to stop but he didn't, so I fired another shot and he ran back behind the building and disappeared. We called the cops and when they got there they had the second guy in a squad car already, but he changed out of the NY jacket and black hat into a different jacket and a white doo rag. We told the cops we weren't sure if that was him or not, so they let him go. About 20 minutes later, we went back to work and the cops knocked on the door. They had the same guy again, except this time he had on the NY jacket and the same black hat he wore when they robbed us. We're unsure if they got the other guy, but I'm sure he'll talk soon if he hasn't already. They got $5 from my cousin, and $90 from me, but my grandpa paid it back to me. We're just glad we didn't get hurt, and hopefully they'll both get what they deserve.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    My cousin and I were installing a boiler at a house in East Chicago on Thursday, at about 10AM we went out to the work van to get some tools and two black guys walked up to us and asked if we had change for a $20. We both said no, and one of them pulled out a Glock, racked the slide, and told us to give them everything in our wallets. We did and they said, "don't call the police because we know where you're at, have a nice day". They started walking away, got about half a block away and turned back around and started coming back. I drew my SW1911, told them to stop and fired one round. It looked like he still had the gun in his hand so I fired another round, and they took off around the side of the building, and my cousin and I took off around the other side because my grandpa (who we're working for) was in the front of the building. I got up there just as the second guy did (I guess the first one already got across the street), and told him again to stop but he didn't, so I fired another shot and he ran back behind the building and disappeared. We called the cops and when they got there they had the second guy in a squad car already, but he changed out of the NY jacket and black hat into a different jacket and a white doo rag. We told the cops we weren't sure if that was him or not, so they let him go. About 20 minutes later, we went back to work and the cops knocked on the door. They had the same guy again, except this time he had on the NY jacket and the same black hat he wore when they robbed us. We're unsure if they got the other guy, but I'm sure he'll talk soon if he hasn't already. They got $5 from my cousin, and $90 from me, but my grandpa paid it back to me. We're just glad we didn't get hurt, and hopefully they'll both get what they deserve.

When you say you "fired" a shot - I'm assuming you were aiming at the BG's? Personally, I'm not sure I'd be publishing the events on a web forum. You never know when some anti gunner prosecutor would like to make a name for themself & try to prove some point?

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Good work on surviving. I assume since you are posting details you've been cleared of any allegations of wrongdoing in firing those shots?

Edit: tskin beat me to it..

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Why would you shoot at someone who was running away?

While he may have broken the law in doing so, and it doesnt mean a damn thing what I think, he has my support. Its too bad he didnt drop the guy dead. These are leaches on society who have no regard for others, and if he is caught, he will be out in 5 years or less.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    While he may have broken the law in doing so, and it doesnt mean a damn thing what I think, he has my support. Its too bad he didnt drop the guy dead. These are leaches on society who have no regard for others, and if he is caught, he will be out in 5 years or less.

Leeches that they may be, what kind of threat does a leech that is running away pose to you? The answer: NONE
    And that's what matters in court if by some chance you did hit them or god forbid someone else.

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    I've already talked to the detective on the case and have so far been in the clear. When he came around the front of the building he was running towards us (not sure if he even saw me though, but I know he heard me yell). They were coming towards us when I fired, I had a chance to get another shot off but he had his back to me at that point. I was protecting myself and my family, but as for the fact that I missed: I haven't had a chance to adjust my sights yet and it shoots just to the left (I shot at some bottles the next day at my aunt's and every shot went to the left, so until I adjust my sights I know where to aim next time).

[EDIT]: And I did make sure there were no innocent bystanders in my line of fire, it was just us and them out there. I forgot to add before, when the cops left the first time before coming back to let us know they had the guy in custody again, one of them said "next time aim" O.o

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I forgot to add before, when the cops left the first time before coming back to let us know they had the guy in custody again, one of them said "next time aim" O.o

That's great. :)

I'm glad nobody on your side was hurt.

Schwartzki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ya I don't think I would have opened fire in a neighborhood unless they were coming back at me again, but I was not there so I have no way to judge how I would have reacted in your shoes

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I've already talked to the detective on the case and have so far been in the clear. When he came around the front of the building he was running towards us (not sure if he even saw me though, but I know he heard me yell). They were coming towards us when I fired, I had a chance to get another shot off but he had his back to me at that point. I was protecting myself and my family, but as for the fact that I missed: I haven't had a chance to adjust my sights yet and it shoots just to the left (I shot at some bottles the next day at my aunt's and every shot went to the left, so until I adjust my sights I know where to aim next time).

[EDIT]: And I did make sure there were no innocent bystanders in my line of fire, it was just us and them out there. I forgot to add before, when the cops left the first time before coming back to let us know they had the guy in custody again, one of them said "next time aim" O.o

It is very hard to be acuate in a situation like this. A person is mad, scared, and probably shaking.

It aint like on TV.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    Your posting way to much info. An attorney will take your statement that your sights are off and make you out to be some deranged killer intent on killing random people. It happens. Like it was said before you will easily become the bad guy here. Your lucky your fine.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Why would you shoot at someone who was running away?

he had reason to believe the BG would commit another felony? or he was stopping the BG from committing a forcible felony?

This is an issue I raised when GunLawyer posted his scenario a long time ago. When does the forcible felony stop? If you rob me at gunpoint, knifepoint, etc and are running with my stuff and a weapon, is the felony still not taking place? especially if I am chasing you? In such a case, wouldn't stopping the forcible felony be permitted by law?

Just thinking aloud...

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Good for you buddy!!!! Don't pay any attention to these nancys. AND ADJUST YOUR DAMN SIGHTS!!!! Rep inbound.

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    As I've said, they were coming back towards us when I fired the first two shots, and he (because the first one was long gone) was heading towards us the third time as well. And Flyguy, you're absolutely right it's not like on TV, but I should say that both my cousin and I handled the whole situation very well, especially considering neither of us have ever been in that situation. Neither of us even got an adrenaline rush, we were very calm. I also forgot to mention that the BG with the Glock walked around my backside after he displayed his weapon and put it to my spine. All I want is for these low-life punks to be off the streets and where they deserve to be. I'm not one to say where they deserve to be, but I have my own opinions on that that I won't mention here.

[EDIT]: Oh, and my grandpa said that in the 50 years he's been in business, nobody that's worked for him has ever been robbed on the job, and he takes work in East Chicago, Chicago, and even Gary all the time.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I've already talked to the detective on the case and have so far been in the clear. ...

My opinion: You are NOT in the clear unless you have been tried by a jury of your peers and found Not Guilty.

I would strongly suggest you beg the mods to destroy this thread until after the statute of limitations have expired for all applicable charges. Then, talk all you want. :twocents:

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor am I giving legal advice.

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Had a glock be racked in my face, I'd be a lot less hesitant to pull the trigger, too. Sounds like you handled a bad situation the best way you could have. I hope those fools are locked up for a long time.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    Good job, I guess people read what they want to read. If the robbers had taken all of your money all ready, and were "coming back towards you" then what else would they be coming back for. Only thing left to take is your life.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    What was that tid bit I just read about Indiana turning over the law that even if the BG changes his mind of fleas you can still take down the guy

Top Bottom