Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Monday a credit union got robbed.

Tuesday a CVS got robbed.

Wednesday a Walgreens got robbed.

and this morning, on my way to work I drive by my credit union and theres a Sherrif's car in the parking lot. Yup, it got robbed this morning. Ive live here all my life and never heard of this many robberies at one time. Hell, probably never this many at actuall businesses in a month!

I hope this is just a passing phase and not the norm!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It is likely a result of the down economy, and the fact that we're rapidly approaching the holidays and some can't afford gifts for their family. So they steal to buy gifts.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It is likely a result of the down economy, and the fact that we're rapidly approaching the holidays and some can't afford gifts for their family. So they steal to buy gifts.

Even when the economy is good break in's rise around Christmas. I guess most of it is to steal presents to pawn for money but I really think a lot of it is just done from warped people that cant deal with life.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    There has been a lot going on in my neck of the woods too.

Gotta love the economy going to crap AND The Holidays approaching!

Everyone Stay Safe!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Robberies and burglaries always skyrocket during the holidays. Most see the holidays coming and they think "favorite time of the year". I see the holidays coming and I think "oh great, lets start chasing the burglars and robbers...ugh."

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I think it will stay the same or only get worse. The moral values of a lot of the "thug life" teenagers are now so bad, they could careless about anyone else but themselves. Some kids are so dumb, they allow themselves to be talked into anything. My area was targeted and there have been 15-20 burglaries, with an armed carjacking, and several arrests...yet they still continued. It used to be 10 or so burglaries were likely done by the same person(s), not in this area. Metro and Cumberland serve a warrant, make an arrest, still more burglaries. The carjackers burglarized two homes, took a lady's car, metro locked them up, _still_ burglaries continue.

If you don't have an alarm system on your home, I would highly recommend getting one. I would also recommend keeping _very_ quite about your fancy TVs, computer, electronics, and guns. Spreading the word about what you have will end up making your home a target. Also beef up your security at your home: Strong security doors, better deadbolts, etc.

Top Bottom