• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yep. My step-dad and his beer snob friends used to go there all the time when they tapped a new brew. We went there for dinner before with a friend's bachelor party too. Worth stopping in at least once and checking it out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    we had fun in the lower room for medschool parties. Nice social place to hang out with friends other than that. I'm not a beer snob so I can't comment on their versions. Food is decent.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Used to hang out there when my daughter had volleyball practice. There's one downtown and one on W86 St Indpls. Tasty food. Good beer. Friendly people. There are other similar breweries. Alacatraz is another. Not for the Bud light/PBR crowd.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I ate lunch there today and thought the food was good. It was the middle of my work day so I didn't drink, and it was my first time there, so I can't comment on the beer.

Last edited:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Used to hang out there when my daughter had volleyball practice. There's one downtown and one on W86 St Indpls. Tasty food. Good beer. Friendly people. There are other similar breweries. Alacatraz is another. Not for the Bud light/PBR crowd.
    Alcatraz, at least the one downtown (not sure if there is another) has been gone for a few years. California Pizza Kitchen now (terrible)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My company has an office in Warrenville, IL and I have eaten lunch a couple of times at the Rock Bottom in Warrenville. I thought it was good both times.

rocket87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    What are the prices like? I have a newborn son in NiCU at st vincent on 86th. Everytime i drive by i think about trying it out.

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    What are the prices like? I have a newborn son in NiCU at st vincent on 86th. Everytime i drive by i think about trying it out.

I have eaten at that one a couple of times when in town. First time was awesome. Second time it was very slow and the steak was not great. It is worth a try. The beer sampler is fun. Prices are not outrageous, like a TGIF/Outback price range. We were at St. Vincent on 86th when our son was born and in NICU. I hope everything goes well with your son, congratulations!

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I work at the 86th st one. I would definitely say the beers are worth trying and the food is (usually) outstanding.
    we've got several INGO members that work there as well

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I work at the 86th st one. I would definitely say the beers are worth trying and the food is (usually) outstanding.
    we've got several INGO members that work there as well

No guy was more suited to his job than Don. Does he still tend bar there? Boisterous, outgoing, friendly. He really enjoys his customers. Haven't been there in awhile. Is he still there? And Tom(?).

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indeed he is. His health is slowly failing but he's still the same ol Don.
    Tom works elsewhere now. Never got to meet him.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    It any good? Worth it??

Not bad. Depends on what you expect and your tastes. I used to go to a Rock Bottom in Denver about once every other week when I lived there. A "Post-work, let's grab a beer, fellas" thing.

Food at that RB was pretty decent, beers are OK (better than mass-produced Coor's Light and Bud and that crap, not quite as good as some non-chain craft breweries), and prices are fair for a middle-scale chain place.

If I had to choose between RB and something comparable (say, Applebee's or TGI Friday's), I'd pick Rock Bottom every day of the week.

Top Bottom