ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 (owner satisfaction poll)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you or someone you know PERSONALLY been happy or unhappy with a RIA 1911?

• Total voters

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Never owned one, but sold 5 or 6 of them, including one used one that came in on trade. I never had the customers come back and complain, and unlike Taurus, I never got involved in sending one back for warranty work. I did test fire the used one, it seemed to work fine even if it was clearly not a premium grade firearm. I have no idea about long term reliability.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    RIA update...looked it over. Sear/hammer fit was crap. I have one on my RO's apart for some up-grades so I put all the RO parts in the RIA.....all of them. I ordered all the new stuff for my RO Sunday night and RIA owner stepped up and paid the tab to cover parts and labor....win win.
    Test fired it.....good to go. Triggers does at exactly 4#. Now I will strip it back down and do the rails.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I had a compact model with the usual upgrades From the GI style and a full size GI model. Both worked fine for me. Sold them to two co workers who are more 1911 fanboys than I am. They still are working.

J&Jindustrial

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I owned one for a period of time shot maybe 50 rounds not a single problem finish and quality is excellent for the price up to par with any other 1911 $200-$300 more. Get one with the Novak sights g.i. Sights are ugly and Novak leaves more options for upgrades later

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Your poll has little to do with the fact that my RIA and my customer service experience was . But feel three to start poll #3. :)

Well, so far you and 5 others have a personal hatred for RIA 1911s. So, I feel pretty confident Id prove that your a minority in the 3rd poll as well.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, if you believe the viewpoint of a relative few to be more important that the viewpoint of the majority, perhaps you should move to a country that is more conducive to your thought process. China or North Korea perhaps....

Until then, LOOK AT THE RESULTS, and consider yourself a minority.

Top Bottom