• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It is interesting. 1911 grip angle and optics ready with an aluminum frame. The integrated rear sight in the optic cover plate will put some off as it may make sight changes difficult with irons and doesn't allow co-witness for an optic.

But, they are setting out in a new direction and I give them props for not generating yet another poly gun

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If they are around $450 or less I might be interested in trying them out. I've read more and they are basically a Glock Gen 3 is what I've been reading but with a 1911 grip angle. If they are as reliable as a glock an are self defense accurate I'd be willing to test one out. If primers ever get back to around $40 per 1k I'd load up 1k and run it through it in a few days. Give it a cleaning and lube it, then run it 1k rounds no cleaning and see how reliable it is. I sure love the polymer coated bullets for tests like this. So much easier to clean the barrel afterwards.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    If they are around $450 or less I might be interested in trying them out. I've read more and they are basically a Glock Gen 3 is what I've been reading but with a 1911 grip angle. If they are as reliable as a glock an are self defense accurate I'd be willing to test one out. If primers ever get back to around $40 per 1k I'd load up 1k and run it through it in a few days. Give it a cleaning and lube it, then run it 1k rounds no cleaning and see how reliable it is. I sure love the polymer coated bullets for tests like this. So much easier to clean the barrel afterwards.
    Interesting! The poly-coated bullets make that much of a difference in fouling overall or just when huge quantities are fired?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Interesting! The poly-coated bullets make that much of a difference in fouling overall or just when huge quantities are fired?
    When I use coated bullets I normally do not have anything to clean other than carbon fouling out of the barrel. They are fantastic imo. I use Hoosier Bullets and Summit City bullets both are good to go. I've not found any lead fouling in my barrels from these two companies. 50rds or 1000 rds they are very clean to shoot. They say they help will barrel life as well.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Id try it. Nice to see something that’s not a polymer micro 9 hit the market but still somewhat boring cloning the Glock platform. The aluminum frame has peaked my interest though. I got ideas already...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Id try it. Nice to see something that’s not a polymer micro 9 hit the market but still somewhat boring cloning the Glock platform. The aluminum frame has peaked my interest though. I got ideas already...
    I didn't catch if you can use Glock Gen 3 barrels in it. I think I read most glock parts fit it.
    Reason I ask is the last video it says the barrel twist rate doesn't like anything but 115gr.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well that's a big fail
    Major disappointment. Maybe they well get back to the drawing board and come out with a version 2 that actually works with glock barrels. Until they fix the turn rate and or have the ability to use glock barrels I'm not interested. All I shoot is 124-147gr. If they keyhole I don't want it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Everything I've read sounds like a neat gun, I could be my next full size 9mm, I love RIA, have had a few 1911, and they're solid guns, for a really good price point... Have to save some money.....

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    At this point, a company could make a grip frame and slide out with their own design and utilize all a Glock aftermarket parts for the internals and you’d be able to build from scratch. I guess it’s already doable with things like CCF Raceframes and Brownell’s slides and such...

Top Bottom