• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    My new obsession is Rock Island Auctions. This may be old news here, but their website and YouTube are just great. I just received a catalog for their most recent premier firearms auction and its worth every penny. It reads like a history book and will take me forever to get through it. You can also download the "prices realized" .pdf or search lot numbers on the site to see what things went for. I'd tell you what I hope to get someday but then we may end up bidding against each other...

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    I've won a few auctions at Rock Island. Lost several until I stepped up. Got want I wanted (hard to find stuff) but paid dearly for it. By the time you pay the buyer premiums, shipping, and transfer fees it is tuff to get a bargain. Still fun stuff and a place to find unique pieces.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I've learned that some of their stories are a bit... Not quite airtight, and they *sometimes* sell the story more than the item. There was a single action army supposedly picked up at the battle of Little Bighorn, but further research by independent parties ruled the story almost certainly false. Of course I learned this second hand and didn't bother to verify any of it, but I can't afford to shop at Rock Island Actions anyhow!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I got a premier catalog from them at the 2019 NRAAM, it was like a museum brochure, just super neat, there was nothing.....I mean nothing in there I could afford, but to dream....ah to dream....

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    May have to check that out for the history even though I probably couldn't get anything unless I wanted it to the extreme.
    I like the history of old firearms.

Top Bottom