Rock Island Tactical 2011: Leather Holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Been hunting for awhile to get a quality leather holster that will fit a Rock Island Tactical 2011 model, (the one with the full 5" rail.)

I have been pretty much unsuccessful so far. I've found plenty of Kydex and IWB ones, but what I REALLY want is a pancake-style 3 slot holster, so that I can OC it, and wear it either cross-draw or strong-side.

Anybody have any tips for where I could pick up such a beast? Criteria summary below:

Rock Island Tactical 2011 5", Full Rail
    Pancake-style holster
    3-slot, for crossdraw or strong-side
    Leather, (not kydex)

I'm buying this pistol to be an OC piece, not for CC, so IWB is not on the menu. I've got other guns for CC; this one has a purpose, and it (apparently,) needs a custom leather rig to fulfill that purpose. Anybody know of any custom leather workers that could do this for a reasonable price? I'm trying to keep it under $100 if possible. Don't need any fancy engraving or anything.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That does not look like it was designed for a 1911 with a full-length rail, such as the RIA Tactical 2011, the older Springfield TRP Full-rail operators, or even a Les Bauer Monolith. I need a holster that will fit one of those models. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm a little stacked up at the moment, if you don't mind a wait I could probably get you fixed up. You can see my work by clicking the link in my sig line.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    That sounds pretty decent, actually, for custom work.

Would you need the gun, or do you have one you can use as a model?

I'm not an ffl, so I couldn't/shouldn't have your gun for work, I should be able to work it up with some deminisions from yours applied to my 1911.:thumbsup:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'll have to get ahold of some measurements....are you sure it will work that way? I've done kydex before, no leather, but I know that measurements aren't generally enough with kydex. I'm willing to give it a shot though, if you think it will work. I guess leather would leave more flexibility for movement, too.

Top Bottom