• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sprint395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    I have had a RIA tactical for about 6 months now. I have shot it and a Kimber ultra carry and while the Kimber is gorgeous; the RIA works just fine. Only problem I have seen is that it doesn't like hollow points until it is well broken in. Also the fit and finish isn't up to par compared to the shop built guns. The beaver tail and back of the slide on mine look like they were put together from a parts bin and not fitted at all. This doesn't effect the function of the gun. All in all the RIA is a solid 1911 for the money and it is a good range performer.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've had one for about a year now. It's a shooter for sure. It's not as pretty as a Springer or a Colt, but it's a solid pistol.

They are worth the money.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I had to smooth out some burrs on the slide on mine because it wasn't smooth and kept jamming, also polished the slide rails, the feed ramp, the chamber and had the springs changed. Runs like a dream now.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Bought my RIA Tactical this spring. LOVE IT!! I think my wife likes it more though. Lol. No problems at all a few jams in the first couple hundred rounds. The tactical model is nice looking minus the cheap plastic grips. I believe Gwen I find the right grips it will be quite attractive. Good quality good performer great price good buy!!!!!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have a 2011 Model Tactical RIA, (with full rail,) and it runs great. You'll want to replace the magazines, (the factory ones are just cheap,) but then it's a great gun. Functions perfect for me, no issues. :)

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I owned one for a while, it was an awsome shooter, ended up trading it because my fiance wanted a beretta 92, im thinking about buying it back. the only thing i dont like is the ambidextrious/extended safety.

Top Bottom