• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We picked up a Roku box last night. We got tired of paying for the cable and wanted to save some cash every month

If anyone has been thinking about it I would say go for it. It is worth the money. I am impressed with the free shows that you can get and the quality is very good.

Over all I am very happy to save the $120 a month

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Netflix just JACKED their rates.
    It's a minuscule rate increase, equivalent to what you would have paid to rent a single movie a few years ago on VHS. They had to raise their rates or risk losing the right to stream movies. If you've got a beef with anyone it should be the movie studios who want more and more of the streaming pie as it rises and DVD sales and rental slump.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Netflix just JACKED their rates.

I noticed that last night. We had the 1 DVD at a time and unlimited online, but we only do 2-3 DVD a month any way so we are going to change that to no DVD and just online.

So yes the price increase is a pain but I don't see it causing a problem.

We also got a free month of hulu and they have a lot more then I thought. Some of the other free channels are very nice too.

A cool show I found is Trigger Talk TV. While most people here will already seen or know this type of stuff it is a nice to get some details on the AR15 and AK47 with some comparison.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It's a minuscule rate increase, equivalent to what you would have paid to rent a single movie a few years ago on VHS. They had to raise their rates or risk losing the right to stream movies. If you've got a beef with anyone it should be the movie studios who want more and more of the streaming pie as it rises and DVD sales and rental slump.

This. I just eliminated the DVD part of the deal. For $7.99 a month the streaming alone is a bargain. I can just go to the Redbox on occasion when I want to see something that Netflix doesn't have available to stream.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I for one LOVE watching the rockford files, star trek, cheyenne, locked and loaded, etc.... and the movies don't all suck you should try watching the ones that don't suck. Lifes too short to wait for the "good parts" unless we're talking about the unitive aspect ; )

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I love my Roku box. Great for netflix, Hulu, Amazon offers streaming as well.

They have a lot of other free content on it too. Even some simple games. I'm very happy with mine.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We picked up a Roku box last night. We got tired of paying for the cable and wanted to save some cash every month

If anyone has been thinking about it I would say go for it. It is worth the money. I am impressed with the free shows that you can get and the quality is very good.

Over all I am very happy to save the $120 a month

Which Roku box did you pick up?

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I would have a roku box in heartbeat if I could get decent broadband.

As for Netflix, their new rates save some folks money. I don't have to pay for unlimited streaming that I can't use any longer in order to get disks. So I got a price decrease.
    And I can't believe the nerdrage that the ($5?) price increase has caused.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We watch a lot of tv shows on nexflix. They have some hulu doesn't and for $16 a month you can have both. Which is better then the $140 fios wants.

As for signal we had been doing nexflix on the Wii and the lap top has enough signal so the roku hasn't had a problem.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We just picked one up today. Sadly, there appears to be no way to stream local content off of my computer to it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom