Roll Call - Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    I figure that with 23,000+ INGO members, we probably have quite a few who have earned the coveted Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB).

I got mine in Somalia in 1993:
    09/13/1993 - Cordon and Search - forget name of operation (Action in Mogadishu, Somalia 13-Sep-1993)
    09/25/1993 - Secure Shot Down Black Hawk (3 Killed as U.S. Chopper Is Shot Down in Somalia - NYTimes.com)
    10/03/1993 - Operation Gothic Serpent - aka Black Hawk Down (Modern Rangers | Somalia)

Here is a diary of the Mogadishu days from one of my brothers-in-arms (great read - raw unedited): [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Whats-It-Like-Clinton-ebook/dp/B005WAQBTW]What's It Like?:A Day in the Life of a 'Clinton' Soldier: Rodney Burke: Amazon.com: Kindle Store[/ame]

Where did you get your CIB?

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    The give the CIB away like candy now...

I know several Units that got them for being on a FOB that was Mortared...

Wow, that's a shame. They use to have a higher standard. Next year we are planning a 20 year reunion. Part of it will be the Mogadishu Mile run. Plan to smoke the current guys in the unit - should be fun.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    The give the CIB away like candy now...

I know several Units that got them for being on a FOB that was Mortared...

My last tour, only 1 platoon got the CIB out of a full company. But the CAB's were handed out like candy to the pogues. Mortars, rockets, IED's, and pushing the insurgents out of Mosul did not matter to the leadership, most of which got their CIB 13 years after I did. Nothing but a bunch of bastards punching their career tickets.

Top Bottom