• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    When I'm prone, using a military style target sling, it's easier to roll to my left side, get my arm, sling, rifle and hand situated and then roll to my right into shooting position. This is a typical thing for right handed shooters. When you've used a sling the way it's meant to be used you'll realize IT"S NOT A TACTICAL MANEUVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys need to experience what shooting really is and quit thinking that EVERYTHING Hollywierd is Tacticool and discover what real shooting discipline is.

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    When I'm prone, using a military style target sling, it's easier to roll to my left side, get my arm, sling, rifle and hand situated and then roll to my right into shooting position. This is a typical thing for right handed shooters. When you've used a sling the way it's meant to be used you'll realize IT"S NOT A TACTICAL MANEUVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys need to experience what shooting really is and quit thinking that EVERYTHING Hollywierd is Tacticool and discover what real shooting discipline is.

This... its just easier to get into a sling on your side (or back apparently) then it is on your belly. He does make it way more dramatic than it needs to be tho...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This... its just easier to get into a sling on your side (or back apparently) then it is on your belly. He does make it way more dramatic than it needs to be tho...

Tom Cruise being overly melodramatic? NEVER!

Maybe I'll try this move (in the privacy of my own home so I don't look like a doofus at the range).

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Cinematography drama to make the audience squeal with delight in his awesome skills on a range.

He's on a range. Tell me what reason he had to be on his back to have to roll into a shooting position? He didn't crawl up to the firing line with a drag kit. It was just all for the angle. If you were a sniper and had to, say, pull a drag kit under some wire immediately before rolling back into a prone firing position, then that were be a necessary move.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The roll starts at 45 seconds into the clip

Thanks for posting the video Manatee.

OP, it's just movie drama. Like the spent cases as earplugs or shooting without eye pro so the camera gets all the face (the reason for the Full Sabrina in movies is so that the director can get the gun and the actor's face in the face shot).

Cruise isn't using eye pro, he is doing the Farah Fawcett, etc., etc. inter alia.

It's just a stupid movie with gun scenes written by Second Unit Directors who know very little about guns or shooting (yet they are the ones selling the guns, the blind leads the blind:D).

lava dog 1/3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    indianapolis
    Jack Reaper sucks. Cruise is such a D-Bag. Granted a rich one. I prefer to get my tactics via pop/hip hop artist/ burger joint owner. Someone I like to call Markie Mark.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know about this movie, but Cruise has trained pretty hard with some competent advisors in some of his other movies (like "Collateral"). It's not always a training issue and it's not always a technical advisor issue. Sometimes both of those are in place and the director and/or DP make decisions contrary to advice to make it look the way they want it to look. Sometimes that's a bad choice across the board. Sometimes they're probably catering to the millions of ticket buyers who don't know any better, but will think it looks really cool. That's going to carry more weight in a business situation than technical accuracy.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Heck with the roll, (unless of course it's a jelly/nut/pumpkin/etc) what is with touching his thumb to the lens of the scope at about the 1:48-50 mark?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Heck with the roll, (unless of course it's a jelly/nut/pumpkin/etc) what is with touching his thumb to the lens of the scope at about the 1:48-50 mark?

He was using his thumb to move the bolt & catch the brass and didn't have enough thumb to complete the cycle…so he leveraged it off the glass.

So many things wrong with this shot. Definitely 5 steps below the excellent work in Collateral.

Top Bottom