• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I never thought I would see our country in this condition. We have an idiot in the White House that wants to destroy America, a man that wants to destroy our military, the best in the world. I see a man that wants to reduce our ability to protect ourselves. A man who threatens to endorse 5 nasty treaties with the United Nations, that will rob America of its sovereignty This is my country, your country, please help defend our way of life for us and our grandchildren.

I have heard many republicans and democrats alike say they don’t like Romney. Well he happens to be the party’s choice, the people’s choice to defeat Obama. For those that think Ron Paul or Gary Johnson should represent the people’s choice, remember they did not have the votes necessary to face Obama. When you go to vote, please vote for the future of our country, not your personal political choice. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson do not have a snowballs chance in hell of defeating the anointed one. A vote for either of these two men will end up as a vote for Obama.

If you have not seen the movie, 2016, the Real Obama, please take the time to do so. This mans plan for the future of America will terrify you. He will make this country unrecognizable. I understand people voting their principles and for supporting the candidate of their choice, but when they cant win and they can’t end up in the White House, it is time to vote for your country. If Romney is not the answer, the voters will remove him from office in four years, but at least our country will be turned in the right direction.

As a father of two sons in the military with many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I ask you to please consider the end result of your vote. Your vote for Governor Romney will help defeat Obama and restore America to its greatness.

OK, what if everyone does as you request and does not vote for a 3rd party and Obama wins anyway, guess that means they wasted their vote after all

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So wait, it used to be we don't need the Ron Paul/Gary Johnson voters to win. Now it's we need you or Obama will win? (Not you specifically) For what it's worth, 3rd party voters won't matter in the grand scheme of things. If anything they would have only narrowed Obama's margin of victory.

I don't know who you are talking to. I am not a registered republican nor do I speak for their party. I have never said they don't need as many votes as possible. I doubt the RNC would say Romney needs the third party votes (in public). So ????

You may very well be correct about Obama winning again anyway. I certainly hope Romney gets enough support without those who feel morally obligated to vote third party. There will probably be som much cheating by all three parties we will never know what the actual vote count was.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    From the article:
    I don’t know about you, but watching the debate in Denver last week, it was pretty clear that Romney isn’t much different. First off, the man said that he “loves green energy.” That’s become a watchword for “wasteful corporate subsidies” and a synonym for “Solyndra.”

That is one of the most ridiculous bunch of assumptions I have heard so far.

Second, he also said he didn’t want to cut education spending. That’s a huge waste in our government, and while not the #1 thing dragging us down (that’s entitlements and military spending, the former Romney will do jack on and the latter he wants to increase), that is something that can definitely be cut.

How much does the government spend on education? Doing away with public education would come back to bite us hard. The answer is not to cut it but to use it more wisely.

The military budget has to be increased after the damage Obama has done to it. The world is perpetually at war. Even if we aren't actively policing the world we have to have the best military in existance to maintain our freedom. Peace through superior firepower. Again, don't decrease, use more wisely.

And Romney wants to cut entitlements. So basically that whole paragraph is complete BS.

Calling people voting for Romney "Cowards" is just more of the self righteous attitude the Johnsonites like to espouse. The truth is that virtually noone even knew who the guy was until recently. The Libertarians totally blew it by only deciding Johnson was their man after Paul lost the primary. Now they expect people to look at him when thet ignored him too long for him to be relavant. You Johnsonites are a bunch of unorganized gonzos that can't get your **** together. He ran a **** poor campaign and now he has no chance to win because noone knows who the Jonny come lately is.
    And there we have it. Green power is good, the department of education just needs to be retooled. Obamneycare ain't bad, we just need to take another look at it. The only BS is what you and the usual suspects are spewing. There's no discernible difference between these two, except in your mind. I'll vote how I like, I don't really care what happens with your candidate. Mine's running a decent campaign with what he's got, despite being deliberately ignored by the media (like Paul was) and having to endure cowardly attempts to get him off the ballot by frightened republicrats. I'll always vote for the best candidate. Your guy ain't it.

Angie Oakley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    I agree that everyone should watch the movie 2016 to get a better understanding on where our country is heading if Obama serves four more years. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are decent men with good ideas, if you do the math the 2012 election is not theirs to win. This is why it is so important that we focus on getting Obama out of office. If you have not watched 2016 I urge you to do so before you place your vote.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    And there we have it. Green power is good, the department of education just needs to be retooled. Obamneycare ain't bad, we just need to take another look at it. The only BS is what you and the usual suspects are spewing. There's no discernible difference between these two, except in your mind. I'll vote how I like, I don't really care what happens with your candidate. Mine's running a decent campaign with what he's got, despite being deliberately ignored by the media (like Paul was) and having to endure cowardly attempts to get him off the ballot by frightened republicrats. I'll always vote for the best candidate. Your guy ain't it.

Green power is good. Wasting it on Solyndra was not. There is a difference. I didn't say retool the dept of education, I said cutting education spending is a bad idea; I said use it more wisely. I don't care how you vote. I'm not trying to win your vote. I already know you can't grasp anything outside of your narrow minded view.

Johnson is running a decent campign. Sure, only he started a year too late. Everyone knew who Paul was, some people thought he was nuts, but everyone knew him. Johnson sat in Paul's shadow when he should have been screaming "look at me!" Its his own fault. That and like I said, you never supported him until it was obvious Paul wasn't gonna run third party and I am willing to bet most of his other supporters fell off of the Paul bandwagon about the same time.

My guy may not be the best, but your guy will lose for sure. :dunno: And I think you greatly exaggerate how bad Romney will be.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For those that think Ron Paul or Gary Johnson should represent the people’s choice, remember they did not have the votes necessary to face Obama. When you go to vote, please vote for the future of our country, not your personal political choice. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson do not have a snowballs chance in hell of defeating the anointed one. A vote for either of these two men will end up as a vote for Obama.

If you have not seen the movie, 2016, the Real Obama, please take the time to do so. This mans plan for the future of America will terrify you. He will make this country unrecognizable. I understand people voting their principles and for supporting the candidate of their choice, but when they cant win and they can’t end up in the White House, it is time to vote for your country. If Romney is not the answer, the voters will remove him from office in four years, but at least our country will be turned in the right direction.

As a father of two sons in the military with many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I ask you to please consider the end result of your vote. Your vote for Governor Romney will help defeat Obama and restore America to its greatness.

Are you kidding me? Think of the future of our country? Don't vote for your personal political choice? What's the point in having a right to vote? Should the GOP force me into voting for an anti-gun flip-flopper? Why should I vote for someone with whom I wholeheartedly disagree? Gary Johnson and Ron Paul would actually steer this country in the right direction. The only reason they can't win is because the liars in the mainstream media told you from the beginning that they can't win. People with your ideology seem to believe everything they're told. Libertarians can win. If everyone who truly stands for liberty (and not the phony "conservatism" of the GOP) voted with their true inclinations, we'd see better candidates elected. You just have to be willing take a stand against the status quo. Obama and Romney are essentially the same candidate. Have you done any research on Mittens Romney?

Gary Johnson and Ron Paul actually respect men like your sons. That's why they don't want to see them die in an unnecessary war with Iran (and China and Russia). Romney and Ryan have itchier trigger fingers than our current dictator. They're prepared to launch a preemptive strike that will results in millions of people being killed.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    This thread is depressing me. 4 more years of Obama will really suck. He will show his true colors and we will have far less freedom than we have today. Do I think Romney is the answer: No, I don't, but he is the only one who has a chance of defeating Obama. If you vote for anyone other than Romney then your helping Obama get re-elected. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What's Romney going to do about the patriot act? NDAA? How about SOPA? Constitutional carry? Healthcare reform? $16 T deficit that can never be paid off? Blow back from our foreign policy? War on drugs? What, if anything is he going to change?

What's Obama going to do about any of the above?

That's the meat of it right there.

What will ronmey actually do different? Nothing.

Healthcare is f'ed no matter which idiot wins in November. romney won't repeal it, what he wants to leave in place will be just as detrimental to health care as the full plan. The only difference is about 12 million won't face an up front penalty. Sorry, no difference there as health care is destroyed for those 12 million anyway.

Guns, UN treaties? carbon copies... except to say romney is worse, because he has actually banned guns. To date, obama has not.

SOPA, NDAA, Patriot Act, TSA, ATF? Ditto, ditto, ditto. Right down the line.

National Debt? The plans are 200 billion dollars apart. With 16 trillion PLUS in "on the books" debt and hundreds of trillions piling up in unfunded liabilities, only an idiot could look at that and claim one is better than the other. They both end the same, does anyone really want to claim that going broke a few days sooner is worse than a few days later?

That's the point. It's not like romney/ryan plan is going to give us a few extra years... it's DAYS, maybe you could realistically use the word 'weeks' and still be accurate in describing it. r/r plan isn't even buying us extra months. It's absurd.

Things are COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL.

We could completely eliminate the department of defense. 100%. Gone. What would happen? We wouldn't balance the budget.

We could completely eliminate social security and federal retirements. All of it. What would happen? We wouldn't balance the budget.

We could completely eliminate medicare and medicaid, guess what? We wouldn't balance the budget.

Neither of the idiots, obama, biden, romney, ryan; NONE of them are willing to cut their sacred cows.

It's absurd. It's preposterous.

What's worse than 4 idiots thinking that way?

95%+ of the voting public agreeing with them!

That. THAT, is why those of us living in reality are so disgusted with the system and those who support it.

There is no logic and no responsibility to be found, be it in the elected or the electorate.

Angie Oakley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    I agree 100%

I agree 100%, Good post. More people need to open their eyes.

I never thought I would see our country in this condition. We have an idiot in the White House that wants to destroy America, a man that wants to destroy our military, the best in the world. I see a man that wants to reduce our ability to protect ourselves. A man who threatens to endorse 5 nasty treaties with the United Nations, that will rob America of its sovereignty This is my country, your country, please help defend our way of life for us and our grandchildren.

I have heard many republicans and democrats alike say they don’t like Romney. Well he happens to be the party’s choice, the people’s choice to defeat Obama. For those that think Ron Paul or Gary Johnson should represent the people’s choice, remember they did not have the votes necessary to face Obama. When you go to vote, please vote for the future of our country, not your personal political choice. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson do not have a snowballs chance in hell of defeating the anointed one. A vote for either of these two men will end up as a vote for Obama.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Green power is good. Wasting it on Solyndra was not. There is a difference. I didn't say retool the dept of education, I said cutting education spending is a bad idea; I said use it more wisely. I don't care how you vote. I'm not trying to win your vote. I already know you can't grasp anything outside of your narrow minded view.

Johnson is running a decent campign. Sure, only he started a year too late. Everyone knew who Paul was, some people thought he was nuts, but everyone knew him. Johnson sat in Paul's shadow when he should have been screaming "look at me!" Its his own fault. That and like I said, you never supported him until it was obvious Paul wasn't gonna run third party and I am willing to bet most of his other supporters fell off of the Paul bandwagon about the same time.

My guy may not be the best, but your guy will lose for sure. :dunno: And I think you greatly exaggerate how bad Romney will be.
    If we use your "logic" we'd have to run out and vote for Obama, not his buddy Obamney. No thanks. I'll stick to principle and vote for the guy with a proven track record. Not a party hair piece saying what he needs to to get the yammering class to vote for him out of the fear the other guy might win. It's nice to not be voting out of fear.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Are you kidding me? Think of the future of our country? Don't vote for your personal political choice? What's the point in having a right to vote? Should the GOP force me into voting for an anti-gun flip-flopper? Why should I vote for someone with whom I wholeheartedly disagree? Gary Johnson and Ron Paul would actually steer this country in the right direction. The only reason they can't win is because the liars in the mainstream media told you from the beginning that they can't win. People with your ideology seem to believe everything they're told. Libertarians can win. If everyone who truly stands for liberty (and not the phony "conservatism" of the GOP) voted with their true inclinations, we'd see better candidates elected. You just have to be willing take a stand against the status quo. Obama and Romney are essentially the same candidate. Have you done any research on Mittens Romney? .

Libertarians can win small local elections. Johnson can't win. Why? you said it yourself "phony "conservatism" of the GOP." The country is essentially divided into basic groups of people. The majority of the "right sided" voters are th GOP faithful. They are so used to voting (R) that they don't even know what the (L) is. They prefer safe slavery to dangerous liberty just like the (D) do. I'm voting Romney because that is the only way to get rid of Obama. Even if everyone like me (probably most of the people on this forum that will end up voting for Romney) voted for Johnson, he would still lose. We are voting for Romney because we might get rid of Obama that way and since there is no chance for Johnson to win we aren't really hurting your cause then are we?

Gary Johnson and Ron Paul actually respect men like your sons. That's why they don't want to see them die in an unnecessary war with Iran (and China and Russia). Romney and Ryan have itchier trigger fingers than our current dictator. They're prepared to launch a preemptive strike that will results in millions of people being killed.

Yeah. I hope this is pre-election foreign policy posturing trying to make Obama look weak. I have a feeling no matter who wins we are going to end up at war (or in "conflict") with Iran. Don't expect Johnson to be able to stop it, even if he were the President. Thats the big joke on you true believers. On one hand you say the govt is all a big conspiracy and then on the other hand you say "but if we just elect this ONE guy, he can fix it all!!!!" which is it guys?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Voting should be a selfish choice in my opinion. .

It should. But there's no shortage of Johnson supporters pulling this same crap.

You do know that Mitt Romney lost to Jon Mccain who lost to presedent Obama in 2008 right....lol I was for Ron Paul but since he won't be on the ballot it's Gary Johnson all the way:rockwoot:

This isn't 2008.

My favorite part is that y'all actually believe in the illusion of choice.

Then why bother voting for Johnson? And why do mrjarrel and jbombelli tell me it's my fault we're going to crash and burn because I won't?

It's not my concern whether he is well known to the general population.
    That's a losing strategy if I ever saw one.

I choose to vote for someone I agree with, not vote for someone because he's not someone else.
    Is that what you think every Romney voter is doing?

You can't fault to the OP. He's not doing anything differently than any of the libs around here. He's just being nicer about it.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    If a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama, does that mean a vote for Romney is a vote for Roseanne? What if I vote for Roseanne? Will I really be voting for Romney? What if a vote for Obama is really a vote for Virgil Goode!? I'm so confused!

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yeah.......no. Romney directly profited from ruining American companies through Bain capital. Also, Ryan, the "numbers guy" hasn't come up with any "numbers" that work.

If you think by electing Romney everything will be fixed, you are sorely mistaken.
    +1, agreed. Mitt Dumby is gonna kill the economy. These type of guys make companies profitable by firing and massive lay offs not by proposing a constructive plan.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    If we use your "logic" we'd have to run out and vote for Obama, not his buddy Obamney. No thanks. I'll stick to principle and vote for the guy with a proven track record. Not a party hair piece saying what he needs to to get the yammering class to vote for him out of the fear the other guy might win. It's nice to not be voting out of fear.

I will be voting out of fear...fear of what will happen to our country if Obama is re-elected, fear of how my grand children will live.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Your babble makes no sense. You just throw random accusations, assumptions, and insults up there. As far as I'm concerned you are pretty much just a big joke. Stick to your principles. I could care less.

If you aren't afraid you haven't been paying attention. Or you have delusions of grandeur. I'm going to go with delusions of grandeur.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    +1, agreed. Mitt Dumby is gonna kill the economy. These type of guys make companies profitable by firing and massive lay offs not by proposing a constructive plan.

And how is firing and laying off necessarily immediately bad? If Company A with a workforce of 1000 workers makes 5000 thingamabobs per week utilizing 30 workers Company E that buys the thingamabobs reduces demand due to sales to 500 thingamabobs per week. Why Shouldnt company A reduce its workforce to an acceptable level to make money and still be competative in the market?

IE Unions.... Fire them leaches and stop paying 20 dollars an hour to push a button...

Romney Made companies profitable by firing people... Do you think those companys that were already unprofitable would still be around if he hadnt made them profitable?

Yes Gary Johnson is the ideal candidate.. but sadly he will not get elected... A vote for Johnson takes a vote for Romney away..

A Vote For Johnson is comparable to a write in vote for the Hamburglar... Useless and meaningless.

Who knows it could come down to 1 vote to remove Obama from office but because you wanted to be bullheaded and foolish you voted for GJ and we now have 4 more years of Tyranny...

Way to go Thanks for Tyranny Johnson Voters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    It's not my concern whether he is well known to the general population. If they care, they will educate themselves. What is I portent to me is I am aware so what do I do with this knowledge? I choose to vote for someone I agree with, not vote for someone because he's not someone else. I've also raised awareness enough that almost every member of my family as well as all but 1 couple of our closest friends will now switch their vote from Romney or Obama to Johnson.

If you're looking at what Gary Johnson stands for vs what Mitt Romney stands for and can only come up with legalizing pot as a difference, you're doing it wrong.

Compare their actions as governors of Mass and New Mexico

Check their stances on deficit spending
    Military spending
    10th amendment rights
    Patriot Act
    NDAA
    And the overhaul of the current tax system

Just to name a few

From Johnson site:
    HEALTH CARE
    When President Obama first called for health care reform, he talked about reducing costs and increasing access to care. That sounded good.
    But, by the time President Obama and Congress were finished with the Affordable Care Act, we ended up with unprecedented government mandates, tax increases, and a federal intrusion into the marketplace like none we have ever seen. The result: Higher insurance costs, job-killing regulations, and no evidence that anyone will enjoy improved health care.
    Reduced costs and better service are what a free, functional marketplace will provide – if the government stays out of the way. Health care is no exception. Competition, price transparency, and the innovation that will result from a robust marketplace will accomplish the fundamental goals of affordability and access in ways the government cannot possibly accomplish.
    From Roneys site
    Our health care system is blessed with many extraordinary strengths. It produces and attracts the best and the brightest across all fields of medicine, and provides unparalleled innovation, choice, and quality of care. But it also faces significant challenges: high cost, inefficiency, inconsistency, and tens of millions of Americans lacking insurance coverage. We can fix these problems.
    OBAMA'S FAILURE
    Unfortunately, the transformation in American health care set in motion by Obamacare will take us in precisely the wrong direction. The bill, itself more than 2,400 pages long, relies on a dense web of regulations, fees, subsidies, excise taxes, exchanges, and rule-setting boards to give the federal government extraordinary control over every corner of the health care system. The costs are commensurate: Obamacare added a trillion dollars in new health care spending. To pay for it, the law raised taxes by $500 billion on everyone from middle-class families to innovative medical device makers, and then slashed $500 billion from Medicare.
    Obamacare was unpopular when passed, and remains unpopular today, because the American people recognize that a government takeover is the wrong approach. While Obamacare may create a new health insurance entitlement, it will only worsen the system’s existing problems. When was the last time a massive government program lowered cost, improved efficiency, or raised the consistency of service? Obamacare will violate that crucial first principle of medicine: “do no harm.” It will make America a less attractive place to practice medicine, discourage innovators from investing in life-saving technology, and restrict consumer choice.
    In short, President Obama’s trillion dollar federal takeover of the U.S. health care system is a disaster for the federal budget, a disaster for the constitutional principles of federalism, and a disaster for the American people.
    MITT'S PLAN
    On his first day in office, Mitt Romney will issue an executive order that paves the way for the federal government to issue Obamacare waivers to all fifty states. He will then work with Congress to repeal the full legislation as quickly as possible.
    In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens. The federal government’s role will be to help markets work by creating a level playing field for competition.
    Restore State Leadership and Flexibility
    Mitt will begin by returning states to their proper place in charge of regulating local insurance markets and caring for the poor, uninsured, and chronically ill. States will have both the incentive and the flexibility to experiment, learn from one another, and craft the approaches best suited to their own citizens.
    • Block grant Medicaid and other payments to states
    • Limit federal standards and requirements on both private insurance and Medicaid coverage
    • Ensure flexibility to help the uninsured, including public-private partnerships, exchanges, and subsidies
    • Ensure flexibility to help the chronically ill, including high-risk pools, reinsurance, and risk adjustment
    • Offer innovation grants to explore non-litigation alternatives to dispute resolution
    Promote Free Markets and Fair Competition
    Competition drives improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, offering consumers higher quality goods and services at lower cost. It can have the same effect in the health care system, if given the chance to work.
    • Cap non-economic damages in medical malpractice lawsuits
    • Empower individuals and small businesses to form purchasing pools
    • Prevent discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions who maintain continuous coverage
    • Facilitate IT interoperability
    Empower Consumer Choice
    For markets to work, consumers must have the information and the power to make decisions about their own care. Placing the patient at the center of the process will drive quality up and cost down while ensuring that services are designed to provide what Americans actually want.
    • End tax discrimination against the individual purchase of insurance
    • Allow consumers to purchase insurance across state lines
    • Unshackle HSAs by allowing funds to be used for insurance premiums
    • Promote "co-insurance" products
    • Promote alternatives to "fee for service"
    • Encourage "Consumer Reports"-type ratings of alternative insurance plans

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Then why bother voting for Johnson? And why do mrjarrel and jbombelli tell me it's my fault we're going to crash and burn because I won't?
    Can't speak for J, but I've never said that. Don't let it stop your narrative, tho. Vote for whomever you want. Even if there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two.

Top Bottom