• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Ron Paul Tells Bernanke He Killed The Dollar, Silver Coin In Hand
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke had an interesting morning over on Capitol Hill, facing the ire of Ron Paul and receiving Democratic praise from Barney Frank. Bernanke was testifying before the Committee on Financial Services, where he said the economic recovery continues but remains frail, but was put on the spot by Ron Paul who pulled out a silver eagle and accused him of debasing the currency and destroying America’s wealth.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    But...but....but how does he feel about the really important issues, like rubbers?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Honestly, while Dr. Paul is correct, it is a shame to see him go down the rabbit hole of legalizing parallel currencies with Bernanke, as such a change would require an act of congress, of which he is a member.

I understand his desire to publicize the point in this, one of the few forums where he has the time to partially to fully explain the concepts, but I think there are many more points, very well articulated in his book "End the Fed" that he could have hammered Bernanke twice as hard with, and he could have done so without giving up the thread of specie as real money that holds value. I'll have to look for more video from the hearing.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, while Dr. Paul is correct, it is a shame to see him go down the rabbit hole of legalizing parallel currencies with Bernanke, as such a change would require an act of congress, of which he is a member.

I understand his desire to publicize the point in this, one of the few forums where he has the time to partially to fully explain the concepts, but I think there are many more points, very well articulated in his book "End the Fed" that he could have hammered Bernanke twice as hard with, and he could have done so without giving up the thread of specie as real money that holds value. I'll have to look for more video from the hearing.

I agree with this. I think in many of his books he articulates his views better on paper than in words. If people actually read his books, he would be more popular.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I understand his desire to publicize the point in this, one of the few forums where he has the time to partially to fully explain the concepts, but I think there are many more points, very well articulated in his book "End the Fed" that he could have hammered Bernanke twice as hard with, and he could have done so without giving up the thread of specie as real money that holds value

He does, bernake is in front of his committee at least once a month.

There is only so many times Paul can say the same things to Bernake without being a broken record.

Every month Paul picks something old and something new to throw at him. Look up the older hearings, some are quite good.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    sheep5_dees.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    He does, bernake is in front of his committee at least once a month.

There is only so many times Paul can say the same things to Bernake without being a broken record.

Every month Paul picks something old and something new to throw at him. Look up the older hearings, some are quite good.

I've seen many, though not all, and you make a good point.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I agree with this. I think in many of his books he articulates his views better on paper than in words. If people actually read his books, he would be more popular.

He is quite adroit with the written word, and getting better at oration.

Sadly, it seems fewer 'mericans can read at what used to be a 6th grade level, thanks in part to DoE interference....maybe that's why he wants to eliminate that dept :dunno:

Top Bottom