• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Apparently you are more concerned with surface appearance than substance. No need for me to explain the message to you, I may not be able to convey it with the flair required to hold your attention.
    Ok, how about explaining it for those of us that are at work and cannot have sound?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm sorry but as soon as I saw that guy's George McFly hair I couldn't imagine sitting through all 9 minutes of that. What's the gist?

:n00b:

Apparently you are more concerned with surface appearance than substance. No need for me to explain the message to you, I may not be able to convey it with the flair required to hold your attention.

^^^THIS^^^

WTF does it matter what his HAIR looks like when we are at a cusp of history and making policy changes and decisions that affect the Citizens of this counrty for GENERATIONS to come?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Forgive me, but it's a freaking youtube video. You didn't exactly post a link to the Federalist Papers here let's tone it down a bit, eh?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    McFly has made some good points. Hopefully he is correct about the campaign being successful at shaping the direction of the party.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

I asked you for the substance - which is the gist. I'm guessing that the points he wants to make don't take 10 minutes. What are they?

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Forgive me, but it's a freaking youtube video. You didn't exactly post a link to the Federalist Papers here let's tone it down a bit, eh?

EXACTLY. The thumbnail photo makes Ron Paul look like Steve Martin in Leap of Faith which makes me suspect this was 99% drama, 1% substance. If I want a political praise and worship service I'll watch Obama's 2008 campaign speeches.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I asked you for the substance - which is the gist. I'm guessing that the points he wants to make don't take 10 minutes. What are they?

Cliff notes version:

Comparison to Ron Paul movement to Pat Robertson conservative Christian movement in 1988.

Robertson did more for changing the GOP by not winning Presidency and shaped the very conservative GOP we see today...ie Rick Santorum

Paul is on the same trek, the libertarian movement is already taking hold ie...rand paul, Justin Amash

Neither Robertson or Paul could be as effective as they want to be as POTUS without congressional support but that the change down the road will win the day for true conservative libertarian principles.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Cliff notes version:

Comparison to Ron Paul movement to Pat Robertson conservative Christian movement in 1988.

Robertson did more for changing the GOP by not winning Presidency and shaped the very conservative GOP we see today...ie Rick Santorum

Paul is on the same trek, the libertarian movement is already taking hold ie...rand paul, Justin Amash

Neither Robertson or Paul could be as effective as they want to be as POTUS without congressional support but that the change down the road will win the day for true conservative libertarian principles.

Thank you. I don't think that's a bad thing. There's no question Ron Paul is absolutely right on some things and the party as a whole could benefit from seriously considering that. I can agree with him on that.

Why I won't vote for him as president is, aside from the things he's incredibly wrong on, he's been right on the aforementioned things since 1976 but he really hasn't accomplished much for them in that 1/3 a century. I know guys in private industry business who are all marketing and no execution. I'd hire them to be a marketer but would never put them in executive leadership.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Hell, Richard Lugar ran for POTUS for, ostensibly, the same type of reason; to "change the tone of the debate" IIRC. Fortunately, nobody wanted to change the tone of the debate that much.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Thank you. I don't think that's a bad thing. There's no question Ron Paul is absolutely right on some things and the party as a whole could benefit from seriously considering that. I can agree with him on that.

Why I won't vote for him as president is, aside from the things he's incredibly wrong on, he's been right on the aforementioned things since 1976 but he really hasn't accomplished much for them in that 1/3 a century. I know guys in private industry business who are all marketing and no execution. I'd hire them to be a marketer but would never put them in executive leadership.

His not accomplishing hardly anything makes him better than 95% of other congressmen, imo. But really though, given the political climate the past 30 years it's hardly surprising that a "libertarian" would really accomplish a whole lot in a body of 545 people that are for the most part extremely statist. However, he has accomplished in these past 4 years or so, massively changing the political discussion and swinging many people towards freedom. Oh, plus pushing for an audit of the Fed, which was partially achieved and is likely going to be fully achieved soon. Not exactly a small feat. I also think he'd be a good president because most of the things he wants to achieve don't require the approval of Congress, e.g. eliminating cabinet departments and not pursuing near as much military action overseas. And he can veto lots of garbage that won't get enough of a majority to be overridden. So, lots of stuff he can do. And whatever another candidate did that Ron Paul couldn't....well, I wouldn't want that anyway.

Top Bottom